stream_ON 1.4.6 Now Available

storm2517

Nov 11, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello Everyone,

Version 1.4.6 is now available for download. This update corrects
several errors related to changes made by SIRIUS XM as well as Yahoo!
Music and Songfacts.com. This version also features tentative support
for Canadian subscriptions (although I have not been able to
thoroughly test these accounts). Please let me know if you have any
problems with this update, especially Canadian subscribers.

To install this update, follow these steps:
-Visit stream_ON and click the "download" link
to download the installer.
-Un-zip the file, and run the installer program.
-Settings and favorites will carry-over to the new version.

Thank you for using stream_ON, and please let me know if you are
having any difficulty. Enjoy!

-Eric

Details for this version:
Version 1.4.6.0 // 6/14/09
--Fixed: Song/Artist Information from SIRIUS
--Fixed: Song/Artist Biography Information
--Fixed: Song/Artist Listings
--Fixed: Support for new "SIR" channels
--Added: Canadian subscription support
--Minor UI changes
--Updated SIRIUS/XM channel logos and IDs
--Updated Channel Webpage Links

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
drool.....i love Stream_On.

Glad to hear about the update and fixes!

Just a quick question though. While listening to H100, for some reason, the Artist name and song description is/was "stuck" on "LexiBelle and the Threesome Contest" for about 2 months. Any idea about that?

storm2517

Nov 11, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hmm...not sure what could be causing this...when tuned to a channel, stream_ON gets the song and artist information directly from the SIRIUS audio stream. Could have been a problem on their end...I am currently tuned to Howard 100 and everything seems to match up so far. I will keep an eye on it.

-Eric

Reactions: hyson

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Eric- Thanks for updating Stream_On for us! :clap:

The problem is that I cannot use it on this computer, due to my laptop having Vista Home Professional. I called Sirius last week regarding my laptop not working with any sirius streaming product, and they said it was because they have had alot of issues with Vista recently.

Is anyone else with Vista Home Professional having trouble getting Sirius to work? I cant even use the actual Sirius Internet player because it tries to log me in, but quickly goes to "Ready" status and doesnt play the channel I selected.

:banghead:

Looks like I will have to wait for Sirius to fix this before I can use it at all. The funny thing is that before they added these new SIR channels, everything worked fine. Now it doesnt work at all.

RapidRoy

Jun 15, 2009
I have been using Stream_On for a couple years now and I love it...

I am unable to get version 1.4.6 to install.
It keeps giving me the .NET freamework 1.1... must be installed message.
If I say yes or no, it does not start the install.
I did reinstall 1.1 and it didn't help.

I am using Windows 7 RC. I have 1.4.5 installed and working fine.
Any ideas???

Thanks in advance...

storm2517

Nov 11, 2008
Long Island, NY
blueneon...try reinstalling Windows Media Player. I am using Vista Home Premium and have had no problems running, or even developing stream_ON.

Rapid...Strange why the installer would not detect .NET 1.1. Especially if you have 1.4.5 installed and working. I have not had any experience with Windows 7 yet, so I don't know if this could be interfering somehow. However, all of the .NET frameworks are completely interoperable, and should not interfere with each other. I will look into this further.

-Eric

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
The update is not working for me. Says something about not being able to find internet connection and to retry.

I uninstalled the whole deal and deleted the Eric Hjelm directory, and reinstalled it fresh... no luck. When I get home, I'll let you know what the actual error reads.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Eric, this is what I'm getting. Also, it takes a lot longer for the actual program to open when I click on it then the last version.

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
I was getting that one some time ago. My problem was that my login was case sensitive. Once I figured that out, everything was fine. Hope this helps.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I was getting that one some time ago. My problem was that my login was case sensitive. Once I figured that out, everything was fine. Hope this helps.

That's what I thought too. However, I didn't change any of the information already in there (auto log in) and it didn't change when I upgraded. So, that hypothesis doesn't seem to be it...thanks though.

DataCabbitKSW

Jun 22, 2009
Hmmm... RapidRoy, you got this working under Windows 7, but nobody can reliably get it working under Windows Vista? The basic structure between the two is the same, so provided you have a clean install of .NET 3.5 SP1 going on, I don't see why you couldn't get it to run under Vista.
How are you liking Windows 7. I'm running it on my development box and so far it is pretty snappy and the only problem I had with it was getting a Windows 7 specific driver for my WiFi adapter. I ended up using a Windows Vista one and it worked just fine for now. What would be interesting is if somebody rewrote Stream_On to plug into Media Center. Any Sirius plug-in for Media Center would be nice. So far I haven't found a stable one. For anyone else who wants to try out Windows 7, you can still get a free evaluation copy of the Release Candidate from Microsoft through the end of the month: Windows 7 RC | Support, Deployment, Resources

i-l-l

Nov 12, 2008
I can't install using W7

I get the same .Net message and i've installed, uninstalled, and removed .Net and nothing is working :/

Columbo4Life

Jul 27, 2009
problems with the listings

Hi,

I installed the current version a couple of weeks ago on Windows XP Prof. . At first it showed me all listings for all currently visible channels but now I only get the info for the station I'am currently playing and the other listings don't update or stay on the song name of the last played song that I listened to on the station.

It said sth. that it couldn't load a server file or sth and the "listings as of" field is empty.

I hope someone can help me out.

Other than that, keep up the great work.

Thanks.