Stream problems with 40's on 4

tvtech

Nov 14, 2008
Lancaster, NY
I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this or is it my radio?

Listening to the 40's channel on my Ford Sirius radio every so often the stream stops - not a drop out as such - but a momentary pause in the audio. It's happening enough to be annoying. I haven't noticed it with any other channel and never heard it happen on my XM receiver. I suppose it could be the radio (my wife has the same Ford product and it happens on hers also), but am I alone in this? There probably aren't too many people here listening to the 40's so you may not have heard it.

Dennis

jeff94

Oct 22, 2008
Boise, ID
tvtech- IIRC there was a notice this past spring/summer from Sirius to Ford Dealers advising them there may be 1-2 seconds of silence on Ford tuners. I wish i could remember what it was caused by or when it was.
I'm headed to work in a minute, otherwise I'd try to track it down.

Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

tvtech

Nov 14, 2008
Lancaster, NY
tvtech- IIRC there was a notice this past spring/summer from Sirius to Ford Dealers advising them there may be 1-2 seconds of silence on Ford tuners. I wish i could remember what it was caused by or when it was.
I'm headed to work in a minute, otherwise I'd try to track it down.

Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

There was a firmware update to correct what they called "open sky muting" and that was done several months ago. It stopped the dropouts we'd experience occasionally. This is different, it's not dropping out, the stream is stalling momentarily.

Dennis

James

Nov 4, 2008
New Jersey
I noticed it too on 40s on 4. Odd thing is it occurs on both the Starmate (using the satellite) and the Stiletto using the Wi-fi stream. I figured it was a problem between the XM studio and Sirius distribution center. It was worse the first day or so of the combined progamming but still happens ocassionally

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
Yea, the skips are part of the programming.

I don't have a Ford Sirius radio, but I do hear them on my Starmate 3 and on the Sirius internet radio player. The skips are VERY annoying. :( The 40s on 4 is the only channel I've heard doing it.

You can't do much more than e-mail them a complaint and hope someone gets around to fixing it.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
Symphony Hall (80) used to do that a few days ago. I suspect that they still have some trouble linking DC and NY for streaming XM channels on Sirius.