Storm 2

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Nope, I'm still holding out for something new with a real keyboard...

That is a great site. Dloading and/or installing a few free apps as we speak and signing up for a Slacker acct from my Curve...

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
It allegedly is from what I read.

But, I'll believe it when I can play with one at a Verizon store.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
That thing looks thick! I love my Razr 2 because it is so thin and I would only give it up for an iPhone. I so dread that my local regional cell company is waiting FCC approval to take it over. Though if the coverage is the same then I'll be happy!

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I used a storm for a while while helping a cousin pair it with her lexus, and that click touchscreen was not too friendly. Especially after using an iphone. hopefully they can improve on it with the Storm 2. I'm really loving my Blackberry Bold!

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I'm waiting for the new Blackberry Tour which is supposedly coming to Verizon in July. The only bummer is that it does not have wi-fi, but I think I can live with that. I bought a Verizon Network Extender, so now I have good coverage at my house.

There have been a lot of issues with the Storm, so they needed to fix that. I had a hard time typing on the Storm keyboard. From what I've read, the new Storm2 keyboard will behave more like the iPhone (no "sure type").

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Since this phone should be out this month (maybe) anyone going to jump on it?

Engadget is saying the dummies will be here this month at Best buy.

My cousin has a storm and he loves it more than any phone he has ever had.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Engadget is saying the dummies will be here this month at Best buy.

My cousin has a storm and he loves it more than any phone he has ever had.

I saw that at Engadget as well.

They were supposed to be out on the 14th (rumors, of course).

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I'll pass on the new Storm (although my brother is extremely happy with his). I'm pretty happy with the Tour. It has its quirks (as does any Blackberry).

I'm not a big fan of the touch screen...although one of my employees has a Pearl flip, and the SureType predictive text software is actually very cool. I was pleasantly surprised as to how good and accurate it is. You just can't look at the screen when you type or else you get screwed up.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I am weighing out my options.

Not having the latest and greatest eats me up. But if it's not possible, I can live with that.

I'm glad that VZw is finally getting some quality smartphones. It can only help competition.