Stop using the auto tuner!!!

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
Look at what this D-Bag T-Pain started.....I just heard Heartless by K.west for the first time....sure I'm out of the loop, it's because I HATE hip hop today and don't listen to the radio stations..I guarantee every single song on 808s and heartbreak features this damn auto tuner!!! Lil Wayne, 50 cent, EVERYONE....THAT'S ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!! stop using the damn auto tuner!!! and stop calling it a vocoder!!!! it's a completely different feature altogether.

I'm sick of the state of hip hop.

chipmunk

Nov 18, 2008
LOL... i feel your pain bro...
can't be mad at T-Pain, b/c he is making his money, but yeah, it's getting over done.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Look at what this D-Bag T-Pain started.....I just heard Heartless by K.west for the first time....sure I'm out of the loop, it's because I HATE hip hop today and don't listen to the radio stations..I guarantee every single song on 808s and heartbreak features this damn auto tuner!!! Lil Wayne, 50 cent, EVERYONE....THAT'S ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!! stop using the damn auto tuner!!! and stop calling it a vocoder!!!! it's a completely different feature altogether.

I'm sick of the state of hip hop.

totally agree, this auto tune is totally out of control. but its not just rap and r&b. I have heard country and pop artist using it too. just not as pronounced an effect. but I agree, its wack tho.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I was at an Angels game last season and the girl singing the National Anthem was tying to emulate the auto-tune effect while she sang. It was awful and kinda aggravating since it was the national anthem. At first I thought maybe she was having a stroke or something.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Rap/Hip-hop is not music.

I kid, I kid. (well, not really...) ;)

P.S. What is an "Auto-Tune"?

its a computer program that makes your voice sound "better" i guess to hide the flaws in one's singing. if you've heard any songs by akon, or t-pain, then you've heard auto tune. now everyone in rap is using it. especially kanye west, who did his latest album entirely with auto tune.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
its a computer program that makes your voice sound "better" i guess to hide the flaws in one's singing. if you've heard any songs by akon, or t-pain, then you've heard auto tune. now everyone in rap is using it. especially kanye west, who did his latest album entirely with auto tune.
With all the tech they use soon only their face will be needed.

givemealiter

Oct 28, 2008
you know what i don't like? i don't like how every hip hop song features multiple artist, people can't do sh*t on there own anymore!

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
a vocoder is a completely seperate entity from the auto-tuner. People often mistake them. The autotuner is a device used through software to automatically "tune" a soundwave/voice to a key you choose in the software. You can manually do it too which is actually pretty fun. A vocoder is usually an analog aparatus found in things such as a microkorg that change the way the voice sounds. A talkbox is an analog box connected through an instrument that creates that zapp/frampton sound