Stilletto stopped receiving signal in car

UDcc123

Dec 22, 2008
I was driving my daughter to work this morning and listening to my stilletto in the car via car dock...no issues.

I turned my car off, dropped my daughter off, and when I turned my car back on, there was no signal in the stilletto. The MP3s work fine, so it's not a car connection issue...just a signal issue.

The install is just 2 weeks old. Any thoughts as to what happened? I tried looking at settings and when I went to Antenna adjustment, it asked me to click options and "turn satellite on"...when I hit the options button, a pop-up said "Turn Satellite On"...I clicked the select button, but nothing happened.

Please help.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I was driving my daughter to work this morning and listening to my stilletto in the car via car dock...no issues.

I turned my car off, dropped my daughter off, and when I turned my car back on, there was no signal in the stilletto. The MP3s work fine, so it's not a car connection issue...just a signal issue.

The install is just 2 weeks old. Any thoughts as to what happened? I tried looking at settings and when I went to Antenna adjustment, it asked me to click options and "turn satellite on"...when I hit the options button, a pop-up said "Turn Satellite On"...I clicked the select button, but nothing happened.

Please help.

Couple of things:

1. Your antenna may have just died. I've gone through quite a few antennas, none in two weeks but who knows?
2. Take your battery out of your stiletto and let it sit for about a minute and then put it in and do start the player and then re-dock it.

I had a problem like this after they merged the channels. It happened once or twice in one day and then never happened again.

Is this a SL2 or the original Stiletto?

UDcc123

Dec 22, 2008
Thanks

I'll do the battery thing tonight. It's an SL2.

I had the dock installed at best buy. Is it a fairly easy thing to reinstall the antenna, or do I need to take off the molding to replace it?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I'll do the battery thing tonight. It's an SL2.

I had the dock installed at best buy. Is it a fairly easy thing to reinstall the antenna, or do I need to take off the molding to replace it?

Do the lights on the dock still come on? I guess the dock COULD have shorted but that is probably not what happened.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Sounds like the antenna or antenna wire to me. Did you double check that the antenna wire is still firmly attached to the back of the dock? I accidentally unplugged mine once.

Sometimes when I turn my car off with my SL2 on then restart my car while the radio is still on, the satellite won't restart unless I do a complete shutdown. I have to pull the radio from the dock when I restart the car.

UDcc123

Dec 22, 2008
Battery Worked

I pulled out the battery for a minute last night and then put it back in. When it restarted, everything worked fine. Then this morning it still worked well.

The only other thing I noticed was yesterday morning when I turned on the car, the battery power was quite low and was at 0% when I got in the car in the evening. Since I keep it on for at least 1 hour every day in my commute, this seemed odd. But, after the battery re-boot thing last night, the battery started charging on my drive home and was at 40% by the time I got home. This morning it was still at 40% and climbing as I drove into work.

Thanks for all the advice!

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I pulled out the battery for a minute last night and then put it back in. When it restarted, everything worked fine. Then this morning it still worked well.

The only other thing I noticed was yesterday morning when I turned on the car, the battery power was quite low and was at 0% when I got in the car in the evening. Since I keep it on for at least 1 hour every day in my commute, this seemed odd. But, after the battery re-boot thing last night, the battery started charging on my drive home and was at 40% by the time I got home. This morning it was still at 40% and climbing as I drove into work.

Thanks for all the advice!

Glad we could help. Most of the time, pulling the battery and doing a hard shut down will cure the SL2 so in the future, try that first.

And I echo hecticarts sentiment, welcome to the DRC and keep posting.

...and watch out for hyson.