stilletos pissing out on me.

lolhax

Aug 3, 2009
alright heres the deal, ive had 2 stilleto sl100s.

firstone got stolen last year, so i bought another.

now, i have a carkit in my car and one on my motorcycle. the last month or so i've been getting HORRIBLE reception, if you could even call it that. 1bar. never above it, randomly dies out.

this happens on both docks.

sirius's support have been utterly useless, so i had them turn it off.

when it was deactived i got fullsignal screaming to activate it. so i reactived it, 3bars works fine. when i shut off my car and then started it again, it screamed UPDATING DOCK pzzpzptp 1bar again.

i'm really..stumped on this one. i'd say its the radio but that makes no sense. anyone got any ideas?

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I will ask my coworkers more about this. It isn't something I have heard of yet but maybe they have. Another thing you could try is a device recovery. Now I know I always scream this but if it went into an updating mode you could just reset it to factory specs, but with all the new channel and software updates and the device recovery will help you do that. It could just be an option that wouldn't hurt trying out. I will ask around and see if I can't find out more.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Try turning off your cell phone and GPS something in your car or in your proximity may be interfering with your reception.

Nov 9, 2008
nj
Ill tell ya

Before you put the radio into the dock its working off the internal antenna then when it goes into the dock it sees the dock then uses the antenna connected to the dock.Its the antenna connected to the dock.(poor placement)
Try moving the antenna ...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Reception patterns in the last month have changed as they have added a stationary sat in the S. The remaining 3 have different patterns. However, outside with a clear view of the sky should not be too affected.