Stiletto Won't Connect to WIFI

Woody

Dec 21, 2008
It finds the network and I put my password in but it won't connect.

Any ideas? It could be router settings but I don't know.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Is this a first time setup? When I set up mine, I had to upgrade my router firmware. Once I did that, I deleted the network and reset it up.

Woody

Dec 21, 2008
Nah I switched names of the wireless connection and that's about it. My laptop is connecting okay so there has to be something else that is causing it...................

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Nah I switched names of the wireless connection and that's about it. My laptop is connecting okay so there has to be something else that is causing it...................

Just because your laptop connects doesn't mean there isn't a setting on the WAP or Router that is out of sort with the Stiletto.

We've seen this many times and just about everytime it always ends up being something within the persons router or wap settings that is causing this issue.

You need to provide more info; are you using a wireless router or a WAP, what brand is it? Have you tried resetting it and with no security does it then connect properly? If you do have security, what settings are you using?

DavisD

Dec 7, 2008
Error?

What error if any are you getting?

I used to get: No active networks found... even though it would find then in the scan but when it would attempt to connect I would get an error.

I ended up swapping it out under warranty. Now with the replacement I have no problems connecting.

Did it ever connect?

Woody

Dec 21, 2008
You need to provide more info; are you using a wireless router or a WAP, what brand is it? Have you tried resetting it and with no security does it then connect properly? If you do have security, what settings are you using?

I am using a linksys wireless router and yes it connects when the network has no password. It used to connect until last week.

Wireless Chan: 1-2.412 GHZ
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Wireless Network Name (SSID): mynetworkname
Wireless SSID Broadcast: Enable

WEP KEY which I am putting in right.

Wireless MAC Filter: disable

Everything I have in Advanced Wireless
Settings is what it came with. Defaults

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I also have a Linksys wireless router.

The only difference I see is my security is Personal WPA2. I don't use WEP.

I also have mine set to use channel 6 which is generally the default.

So you might want to try that.