"Stiletto Stoners" (Women and Marijuana)

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
heh- think I posted the soccer moms article link a while back. (or was it another forum? -STML)

Speaking of soccer mom stoners, got to catch the woman's soccer tournament in Mendo this weekend...Yummy!

:yesshake::clap::flowers:

But, 200-300 per half?! damn, nice to see the street prices are still as high as ever despite the downturn!

I love how that biggest negative is the stress from it being illegal.

"I too, am addicted to coffee." There I said it, I feel way better.

soccer_flower_5427.jpg

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Hahahah. My favorite is the music they're playing in the background---it is some sort of synthesized version of DIRT OFF YO SHOULDER by Jay-Z. It starts at 1.34.

I'll be honest, I smoked a lot of weed in high school and college. I haven't smoked weed in well over 10 years. But, sometimes, on a boring Friday night when the kids are in bed asleep and it is just my and my wife hanging out, I'd love to have a joint to puff on.

I've never done that but sometimes I think it would be a fun way to kill a boring night.

Sadly, I don't even kmow where to buy drugs anymore.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
If it were legal, wouldn't the prices drop? :right:

I couldn't see paying that much for anything. That's like buying an XBOX every week :shock:

I have no desire to smoke the stuff. Can't do it anyway because I drive a CMV.

Which causes more weight gain? Beer or pot? :scratch:
Posted via Mobile Device

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
If it were legal, wouldn't the prices drop? :right:

I couldn't see paying that much for anything. That's like buying an XBOX every week :shock:

I have no desire to smoke the stuff. Can't do it anyway because I drive a CMV.

Which causes more weight gain? Beer or pot? :scratch:
Posted via Mobile Device

Beer, by itself will cause more weight gain but "the munchies" from weed will probably hurt you too.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA

An ounce would last me a whole month at the very least. It's all about moderation.

This video is just one example disproving the stereotype that all pot smokers are lazy and unproductive to society, and I absolutely agree with Dr. Holland at the 4:08 mark.

Cannabis is therapeutic (both psychologically and physiologically). It is a medicinal herb.

Last edited:

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
From NORML:

"First it was Marie Claire magazine with their “Stiletto Stoners”, followed by a sympathetic follow-up on the NBC Today Show. Now Elle Magazine prints 2,758 words from another Stiletto Stoner who has discovered that cannabis is a superior medication for her generalized anxiety disorder than the Zoloft and Paxil her doctors had recommended."

(Elle Magazine) A thimbleful is all it takes. After a day’s work, I pinch off a small amount of marijuana and put it in a steel-tooth grinder. The flowers, covered in tiny white diamonds of THC, release a piney scent when crushed. I turn on the TV, and instead of taking a glass of wine with my evening news, I take out my vaporizer and set it on the coffee table.

One could say I diagnosed myself in high school, when I recognized my symptoms in a psychology textbook. Finally, I had “generalized anxiety disorder” to describe the dread I felt of some future event that was overtaking my present. I usually sensed the panic attacks first in my chest. Then my vision would start to go to static, and my body would crumple to the floor. There I’d ride it out until the adrenaline ran its course.

Soon after I started to suffer several of these episodes a day (and so often that fear of another one kept me indoors), I sought out a psychiatrist. I told her about the times I’d be driving and convince myself that I was about to spin off the road—the looping, invented terrors. A little talk therapy and a prescription later, I discovered that Zoloft only exacerbated my panic and depression. I stopped taking the little white pills and cut out caffeine instead; I exercised and practiced meditation. For years I abstained from medication, and aside from the occasional pot smoking with friends, I swore off drugs entirely.

About four years ago, another psychiatrist put me on lithium for what he described as my “Paxil-induced hypomania.” When it made me violently sick, I decided I needed to replace pills altogether and turn to a regimen that relied on what was, to me, the only proven drug. I headed down to the five-block stretch of marijuana advocacy groups known as “Oaksterdam.” There, I explained to an understanding doctor, wearing Lennon glasses and cargo shorts, that marijuana eased the symptoms of what studies showed and I knew to be a genetic disorder. (My two younger brothers have been diagnosed as bipolar, and my grandmother suffered from anxiety and depression.)

"The writer continues by explaining how she is able to keep her job and be productive thanks to marijuana, and that her friends that use marijuana are all successful productive people she’s proud to know. She worries about the legal complexities, especially how the California Ragingwire decision still allows employers to fire people for their medical use.

From a media standpoint, I believe when you’re having women speak favorably of marijuana in Marie Claire, the Today Show, and Elle Magazine, you’re winning the hearts and minds."

Another Stiletto Stoner Story: Elle Magazine on marijuana as anxiety relief | NORML Blog

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Moms? Check.
Medical Doctors and therapists (including the VA)? Check.
Fiscal conservatives? Check.
States rightsist? Check.

Why is this ancient and holy plant still on schedule 3? :wtf2:

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Why is this ancient and holy plant still on schedule 3? :wtf2:

(1) Schedule I.—

(A) The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.

(B) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

(C) There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision."

Schedule III.—

(A) The drug or other substance has a potential for abuse less than the drugs or other substances in schedules I and II.

(B) The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

(C) Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to moderate or low physical dependence or high psychological dependence."

Right now, it's listed under Schedule I (along with drugs like MDMA [aka Ecstacy], LSD, and GHB [aka "Date Rape" drug]).

So, by the screwed up logic that is the Controlled Substances Act, marijuana is more dangerous and addictive than cocaine (which is Schedule II), opium (also Schedule II), PCP (also Schedule II), and Ketamine (which is Schedule III).

Marijuana should be placed at Schedule IV, which is defined as:

Schedule IV.—

(A) The drug or other substance has a low potential for abuse relative to the drugs or other substances in schedule III.

(B) The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

(C) Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to limited physical dependence or psychological dependence relative to the drugs or other substances in schedule III."

... or at the very least, it should be Schedule III alongside Marinol (synthetic THC).

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
I meant it should be on schedule 3, not schedule 1 of course...You'll have to excuse my increased brainfart frequency lately, after all its harvest and im feeling extremely spaced. ;) (yes you can get extremely hungover when way too much THC is absorbed directly into the skin and lungs for a few days, but its those nasty phramocusical pain pills that really have me fucked up lately.)

Last edited: