Stiletto SL100 Running Hot!

thelber

Feb 17, 2009
Ohio, USA
I just purchased a second Stiletto SL100 and it's running very hot....almost to where it's unable to be held. The area that gets hot is right behind the antenna bump at the top of the Stiletto. The back feels much hotter than the front.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a problem? My first Stiletto SL100 only gets warm.

monty

Oct 15, 2008
Bumpass, VA
I just purchased a second Stiletto SL100 and it's running very hot....almost to where it's unable to be held. The area that gets hot is right behind the antenna bump at the top of the Stiletto. The back feels much hotter than the front.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a problem? My first Stiletto SL100 only gets warm.

You might want to try to run it docked without the battery. If it runs cool, that is just the way the 100 is. As the two SL100's I had ran very hot compared to my SL2.

thelber

Feb 17, 2009
Ohio, USA
You might want to try to run it docked without the battery. If it runs cool, that is just the way the 100 is. As the two SL100's I had ran very hot compared to my SL2.

Thanks....I'll give that a try. Just out of curiosity did you every have any problems with your SL100 radio since they ran hot? Maybe they're just designed to take the heat.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
They are essentially mini heaters, that also happen to get satellite radio.

They work great as hand warmers when hitting the slopes.:cool:

monty

Oct 15, 2008
Bumpass, VA
Thanks....I'll give that a try. Just out of curiosity did you every have any problems with your SL100 radio since they ran hot? Maybe they're just designed to take the heat.

Yes, In the summer when I would take SL100 outside on a boat, It would shut down from heat unless I removed the battery. This was a PIA but it was a cheap work around the problem.