Stiletto SL100 not recording Replay or scheduled recordings

Siriusly5150

Mar 10, 2009
I have a 2-year old SL100 that has suddenly stopped recording Radio Replays (and it is set to record them) and it does not save scheduled recordings even though it shows that it is recording them. Also, while it is "recording" scheduled recordings, it ceases up every half hour or more and restarts automatically. The radio also says that the memory is 72% full even though I cannot find any recordings.

I have performed the device recovery three times and the problem still exists. Sirius technical support said that I would have to buy a new radio.

Is there a firmware or software fix for this problem? If so, where is it located and how do I install it without rendering my SL100 useless? I see other posts that are somewhat close to this problem, but they seem to be for the SL50 and not this exact problem.

Thanks for all your help!!

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
I have a 2-year old SL100 that has suddenly stopped recording Radio Replays (and it is set to record them) and it does not save scheduled recordings even though it shows that it is recording them.

Simplest solution is to just do a warranty exchange. BB hasn't had SL100's in ages, and will be happy to exchange yours for an S2. You might have to pay the price differential and spring for another PSP, however.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Before you do an exchange, I'd reset the device, or at least erase a bunch of stuff. I wonder if you are 72%, but fragmented everywhere. I'm not sure how well these devices handle memory fragmentation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does do it very well.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
I have performed the device recovery three times and the problem still exists. Sirius technical support said that I would have to buy a new radio.

If you have truly done a full device recovery, (not just reset and erase) I'd say it's done. A full device recovery automatically installs the newest firmware available for your radio. My sl100 worked perfectly until 2 weeks out of warranty it shut off, and wouldn't turn back on. I could get it to restore and work until it went to sleep of shut down and wouldn't come back on again. If you have a store replacement plan I'd get there as quick as possible and get it replaced. Don't wait till your out of warranty.

Siriusly5150

Mar 10, 2009
Yes, I have done a full device recovery, not just reset and erase. And, now, as of today, it is just continuously shutting down and restarting. It is out of warranty and I really don't want to buy a much more expensive S2 if I don't have to. Is there a way to salvage my SL100?

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
as of today, it is just continuously shutting down and restarting. It is out of warranty and I really don't want to buy a much more expensive S2 if I don't have to.

You didn't get the extended (4 year) warranty? Oh well - hope you learned your lesson.