Stiletto sl100 Car Dock Problem

thelber

Feb 17, 2009
Ohio, USA
I've got two sl100 car docks both of which I have hooked up directly to the Aux input of my car stereo.

Both docks are having the same problem. Sound cuts out in the left speakers from time to time. If I touch the cable coming from the Aux input near where it plugs into the sl100 car dock I get lots of static and the sound from the left speaker cuts in and out.

I've tried replacing the Aux cables but that did not help....problem still exists. It seems like the plugs on both of my sl100 car docks are not tight enough. Is this a problem with the sl100 car dock or could I have just got a couple of duds??

Thanks in advance!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If you have the same problem in 2 docks, the loose connection is probably in the SL100. It does sound like a loose connection.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
If you have the same problem in 2 docks, the loose connection is probably in the SL100. It does sound like a loose connection.

Agreed! It's more likely that the problem exists with the connection on the bottom of the Stiletto and the dock rather than a loose connection with the audio cable. Do you have a boombox or home dock you can cross test this with?

thelber

Feb 17, 2009
Ohio, USA
Agreed! It's more likely that the problem exists with the connection on the bottom of the Stiletto and the dock rather than a loose connection with the audio cable. Do you have a boombox or home dock you can cross test this with?
That's a good idea. I've got a Soloist with an Aux input....I'll give that a try. Does anyone know if they ever had a bad run or batch of the sl100 car docks?

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
That's a good idea. I've got a Soloist with an Aux input....I'll give that a try. Does anyone know if they ever had a bad run or batch of the sl100 car docks?

I've heard that the connection point on the s100 has had issues, but nothing about the docks. On the upside, if it's just a unit, it's possible the good people at TSS-radio will be able to help you out.

c1971ace

Mar 24, 2009
Gillette Stadium
I've heard that the connection point on the s100 has had issues, but nothing about the docks. On the upside, if it's just a unit, it's possible the good people at TSS-radio will be able to help you out.

thats actually not true.....the docks are actually well known for having problems with the antenna connector...im dealing with this issue right now myself

thelber

Feb 17, 2009
Ohio, USA
Well I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to the Stiletto 2 with new car docks. That's one way to fix the problem! ;)