Stiletto 2: Questions About Using

Heineken77

Jan 8, 2010
Hey Guys,

I've had the Stiletto 2 now for a couple of years. Over the last year or so I've been having problems with it so I stopped using it. Here are the issues I've had:

1) All recently recorded (loved) songs that I had recorded while listening were lost. They all were erased for some reason, however all the songs that I uploaded manually from my harddrive to the Stiletto's memory were still there.

2) Whenever I tried recording anything, it would say that it was recording, but again, none of the recorded content showed up in my library under recently recorded or anywhere else.

3) When I tried pausing a station while listening to it, or skipped back to 2 or 3 songs to listen to it again, the radio would play the song for like 20 seconds and then skip back to live radio.

So what I ended up doing today while bored was to do an erase and reset. Thankfully that seems to have fixed the issues. I can now record again as well as skip back and forth through the 60 minute buffer without experiencing any of the issues that I had before. (So for anyone who is experiencing this issue, try that,,.it worked for me)

So now my questions are:

1) I forget how to send songs to my device from my computer. Is there a way to do this via wifi, or do I need a plug to do this? (I lost the plug, so is there anywhere I can get this plug in Toronto, Canada or order it anywhere online? .. if so what is the name/type of plug I need to be looking for?)

2) Is there any software required or available to download in order to transfer songs from PC to Stiletto? If so what are my best options?

3) I connected the radio to wifi for the first time since I did the erase/reset. It's downloading an update. What info should I be looking for under the device info in order to see that everything is up to date?

4) Is this the new Sirius Backstage Forum? Has the name changed?
Thank you very much!

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
So what I ended up doing today while bored was to do an erase and reset. Thankfully that seems to have fixed the issues. I can now record again as well as skip back and forth through the 60 minute buffer without experiencing any of the issues that I had before. (So for anyone who is experiencing this issue, try that,,.it worked for me)

It would be even better to do a device recovery. But, for that, you would need a cable (see 1 below).

1) I forget how to send songs to my device from my computer. Is there a way to do this via wifi, or do I need a plug to do this? (I lost the plug, so is there anywhere I can get this plug in Toronto, Canada or order it anywhere online? .. if so what is the name/type of plug I need to be looking for?)

You need the cable. You cannot transfer music to the Stiletto through Wifi.

You can order one from TSS Radio ( SIRIUS Radio, SIRIUS antennas, SIRIUS accessories | TSS-Radio ). These guys have the best customer service and prices you could ask for, when it comes to Sirius equipment.

Once you have the cable, you should do a device recovery. You can download the software and the instructions from:
SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Stiletto Device Recovery

2) Is there any software required or available to download in order to transfer songs from PC to Stiletto? If so what are my best options?

You can you My Sirius Studio:
SIRIUS Satellite Radio - MSS Studio Stiletto

That is the official software. There exist other software; others might have suggestions for you. (I'm on a Mac, not a PC, so I use XNJB).

3) I connected the radio to wifi for the first time since I did the erase/reset. It's downloading an update. What info should I be looking for under the device info in order to see that everything is up to date?

Look at the ZAP and Baseband:
SIRIUS Satellite Radio - SL2 Update - Wifi

4) Is this the new Sirius Backstage Forum? Has the name changed?

Yes, but it accommodates a much larger community, including XM listeners, iPod users, HD Radio listeners, etc.

Welcome to the DRC!

UncleScam

Jan 8, 2009
Springfield

i run mp3tag on everything i d/l, and use windows media player to do the sync. it's actually pretty handy and i find it way more useful than whatever sirius studio software came with the unit. plenty of ways to skin that cat, though. enjoy!