1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Steve Jobs Dies at 56

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by Wolf, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Wolf I moved this out of the other thread as there is no point in clogging up the other thread with this discussion!

Steve Jobs changed the cell phone business as we know it today. Not to mention the digital music and movie industry

RIP BRO!
    Wolf likes this.
  3. SISO

SISO Member

Apple has always prided themselves on thinking differently, and the reason is obvious, Steve thought differently. Every human, no matter if you use a PC or a Mac, an Android or iPhone, has been impacted by what he did. The world is better for him having lived, and is in turn, it is forever changed.

He was one of the crazy ones who thought they could change the world, and he sure did. RIP Steve.
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Thanks DAB, that would make more sense!
  5. Jon

Jon Living rent-free in other people's heads

Apple's Homepage.

Attached Files:

6. MM

MM Administrator

I can honestly say that I am sad.

RIP Steve. And thank you.
  7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

8. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Weird but not Al

This totally sucks!! :(

Damn you, DAB!! You said 6 weeks ago that he may not be around long after he resigned from Apple.

From the "Steve Jobs resigns from Apple" thread:
    RIP Steve...your legacy will live on!
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

10. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

I was always a computer nerd, but there was an OMG moment in 1986 when I sat behind a Macintosh Plus and knew that things were going to be different.

RIP Steve.
  11. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Oh, and Boing Boing has a nice tribute to Steve at the moment...

Boing Boing
  12. Oren

Oren New Member

Just terrible, but I think many of us knew it was time. Pancreatic cancer is, well, you know..

After his resignation, I knew it was only a little amount of time left. I kept on top of it and this photo was taken only two days after he resigned. 56 is so young.

[​IMG]
  13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

He really changed the world. What a sad sad day.
  14. builder_j

builder_j New Member

I'm a tech person myself, and in a small way I have Steve Jobs to thank for it! My fascination with computers and what they can do started around age 11, when I took my first computer class. All of us young students used Apple IIe computers to complete our work. I've been hooked ever since.

FYI, this is a link to the 1984 Super Bowl commercial that introduced the Macintosh to the world....one of the best commercials ever done.

1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial - YouTube

Steve Jobs - an iLegend. RIP, and thank you.
  15. mrpacs

mrpacs New Member

16. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Very True! :)

:bigthumbup:
  17. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

God bless Steve for all that he has given the WORLD. Although I am not a fan of Apple I have to give props to him for his contributions to society as a whole, shame he passed away so young. If there is an afterlife he will develop an App to contact us.
  18. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Still Not Dead

19. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf