Stern Or Bubba?

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
yes there are times when i zone out on Bubba when he is talking nascar,but i started doing it more and more on Stern(Dancing with the stars,American Idol,Chess and the gossip game talk).To me Bubba's show is more manly,I guess i just got tired of the page six talk and moved on to being a Bubba mark.:buttrock:

Did you hear that a someone lost their Bulldog?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I also got Sirius for Stern. I've been listening to Bubba since day one and it took me maybe two weeks to get used to his show. Now I love both shows. I couldn't do without either one.

Yeah, i'm with you.

I missed the 24 hours of farts they did back in 2005, but was able to listen to the original craptacular.

I started listening to Bubba right away, but really didn't catch on until later that summer.

Since I wasn't able to listen to Howard until about 97, I obviously missed a lot of the wild stuff... sex in the studio, and whatnot.

To me, when Bubba's not bitching about a contract or talking about politics, he makes me think of an early Howard with a bit of redneck fit in.

And that's fine. If I don't like what either of them are talking about, I turn it off. No big deal. Sirius only has several hundred channels. AFAIK, there's no "law" that forces me to listen to Howard and bitch about when it's 10:43 and he's complaining that he has to go somewhere.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I too signed up for stern. took me about a year or so before I started listening to bubba, cuz it was too hill billy for my taste originally.

however, now that I do listen to bubba reguarlly for the last couple years, their show is easily the better of the two. more edgy, MUCH better bits, and overall, its a lot more funny IMO. howard's still good, but bubba has many more laugh out loud moments for me than howard does these days.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
howard's still good, but bubba has many more laugh out loud moments for me than howard does these days.

I laughed harder at something Ned said to Janey-cakes than anything I've laughed at in a long time. When she was done reading her Christmas poem, Ned said he wanted two copies of it - One to take a shit on, and the other to cover it up.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
BOTH!

I listen to the last half of Howard when i wake up and on the drive to work, go back to the start of the show when i leave my car (thanks S50) and listen through to where I started. My S50 records Bubba at night 10-2 (actually 10:08 to 1:55 but whose counting?) I usually listen to Bubba from 10 - midnight or whenever I fall asleep. After I finish Stern, I listen to Bubba recordings. I often get half a day or more behind as the week progresses, so I have fresh Stern on Fridays, until Bubba comes on live. Then I try to catch up on everything through the weekend so I have room to record again. Sometimes I'm a week behind on BTLS.

I laughed harder at something Ned said to Janey-cakes than anything I've laughed at in a long time. When she was done reading her Christmas poem, Ned said he wanted two copies of it - One to take a shit on, and the other to cover it up.

That was a good one! Manson wishes he was half as funny as Ned with the one-liners...

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
Anyone else hear that Bubba's show will be a replay of an Internet show he is doing from 10am-2pm?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
That was a rumor goibng around on the btls.com forums for a little while. I don't know if there is any truth to it.
I kind of hope not but I'll take a pre-recorded Bubba over no Bubba.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I prefer to listen to Stern, I use to listen to Bubba when he first started. But I don't get around to listen to his show anymore.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
Anyone else hear that Bubba's show will be a replay of an Internet show he is doing from 10am-2pm?

On the morning show today Bubba hinted that the afternoon show will be a replay of the FM morning show with maybe a half hour of Sirius only. He said that it will be nice to leave at 10:30 and go work out at 11 and not have to be back at work until 6am the next day. This kind of sucks, but I really can't expect Bubba to do two four hour shows a day for the next two years. At least in the morning I don't have to flip between listening to Bubba on the internet and Howard in the morning, since they both replay now. Does this mean Bubba's show will start early or end late or what? I can't figure out what 101's schedule will be now.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
On the morning show today Bubba hinted that the afternoon show will be a replay of the FM morning show with maybe a half hour of Sirius only. He said that it will be nice to leave at 10:30 and go work out at 11 and not have to be back at work until 6am the next day. This kind of sucks, but I really can't expect Bubba to do two four hour shows a day for the next two years. At least in the morning I don't have to flip between listening to Bubba on the internet and Howard in the morning, since they both replay now. Does this mean Bubba's show will start early or end late or what? I can't figure out what 101's schedule will be now.

I was afraid of this. I hope this isn't true, but I can understand that they cannot work as hard as they do.

This is why the schedule was never announced by Sirius. We have to hear it on our own and be pissed later. :rolleyes:

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I was afraid of this. I hope this isn't true, but I can understand that they cannot work as hard as they do.

This is why the schedule was never announced by Sirius. We have to hear it on our own and be pissed later. :rolleyes:
Bubba welcomed Sirius as an affiliate this morning and said that people would be worked into a shoot later on. And he said you could call in and hear yourself "later in the day."

Prepare yourselves for a shitstorm of epic proportions.