State of the Bubba Tonight 7pm Est 101

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Here we go. Tonights SOTB has the ability to be a huge meltdown or a point where Bubba can win back some listeners who've been turned off since his new deal. In any case, it will be an interesting listen.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I did as well. And Taylor told me about 1 hour before it was supposed to start. :rolleyes:

I need to record stuff......

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I caught most of it, pretty good stuff. He needs to stop rehashing his version of the show change, IMO. Just move past it, if possible. It just irritates the situation.

He said he feels like he lost part of his family, but his family found out about the breakup on his new family's show. That's what got me the most. Now he's got visitation rights but he's not around like he was before. I still enjoy the time we do get, however...

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I caught most of it, pretty good stuff. He needs to stop rehashing his version of the show change, IMO. Just move past it, if possible. It just irritates the situation.

He said he feels like he lost part of his family, but his family found out about the breakup on his new family's show. That's what got me the most. Now he's got visitation rights but he's not around like he was before. I still enjoy the time we do get, however...
I agree about dropping the contract issue. And I saw that "family" analogy before and can't believe people take shit that personally.

I love the show, but come on, it's only a radio show at the end of the day. And we're not friends or family of Bubba, we're listeners whose only connection to him is from hearing his voice on the radio. It says a lot for the show that Bubba can make listeners feel that close.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Fire Bubber and give that money to Adam Corolla, plus a million or so!

no_scott.jpg

:cool:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I missed it too. I'm sure they'll replay it but I think that the amount of people who said they missed it shows that people are moving past the Bubba situation and could really care less at this point. Which sucks but hey, life goes on and the Friday live show has been great the past couple weeks! :clap: :bigthumbup:

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)

I totally agree. I was totally pissed off when the show changed, but I have since gotten over it pretty much. as a matter of fact, today's terrestrial show was FANTASTIC!!!

I loved hearing about jabberjaw's family. The proved me wrong that they can do a solid show without the curse words. still prefer, the cursing, but the non cursing is better than nothing tho.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Fire Bubber and give that money to Adam Corolla, plus a million or so!

you're funny!! they won't even pay bubba that amount. why would they pay adam corolla?? and at this time, between 3 years of sirius, and a year of terrestrial, bubba may even have a bigger audience or bring in more subs than corolla can. I mean I dont even think he was syndicated.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
I missed it too. I'm sure they'll replay it but I think that the amount of people who said they missed it shows that people are moving past the Bubba situation and could really care less at this point. Which sucks but hey, life goes on and the Friday live show has been great the past couple weeks! :clap: :bigthumbup:

First, I think you'd have to figure out how many people regularly listen to the 7PM EST Monday specialty show before you can draw conclusions based on 3 people that are actually bummed that they missed it, but maybe that's just me... I don't normally listen at that time since its 4PM here and I'm still at work, but made a reminder on my calendar to listen today.

I can't believe you missed it - IT WAS LIVE! :rolleyes:

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
you're funny!! they won't even pay bubba that amount. why would they pay adam corolla?? and at this time, between 3 years of sirius, and a year of terrestrial, bubba may even have a bigger audience or bring in more subs than corolla can. I mean I dont even think he was syndicated.

I love how people rail on Sirius's programming choices but would program based on their own personal choices and assume everyone else would be pleased...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

THIS.

We're getting ready to go into March now. What's done is done.

MAYBE if there's a day when he vacations from FM radio, we can get a live show that afternoon? Monday through Friday could be a vacation from FM radio, with live BTLS from 3-7 every day?

Not only did he lose part of the family, but he lost the FTEs and the people that were going to Bubbapalooza, buying up all the gear, etc.

Hopefully this is only a two-year deal, and we can get back to an exlusive deal after this one runs out.

And I do like the idea of the occasional 7 PM thing. Give us Bubba sometimes. Give us Ned other times. Maybe a Conspiracy Corner every so often.

Just because it's 10-2 on Fridays doesn't necessarily mean that's the only time we get to hear BTLS live.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
First, I think you'd have to figure out how many people regularly listen to the 7PM EST Monday specialty show before you can draw conclusions based on 3 people that are actually bummed that they missed it, but maybe that's just me... I don't normally listen at that time since its 4PM here and I'm still at work, but made a reminder on my calendar to listen today.

I can't believe you missed it - IT WAS LIVE! :rolleyes:

I guess thats what I meant. It wasn't in prime drive time or morning so not as many people are going to hear it and I'm bummed I missed it, too but I'm not near a radio at that time usually or I have something else to do. It sucks but it's that way for a lot of people.
I'm still a Bubba fan. It's just not as relevant to me as it used to be. The Mon-Thurs show is hit and miss for me. Though the Friday show is usually radio goild. :buttrock:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm still a Bubba fan. It's just not as relevant to me as it used to be. The Mon-Thurs show is hit and miss for me. Though the Friday show is usually radio goild. :buttrock:

Radio goild?

Is that what they broadcast in New Joisey?

:p

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I love how people rail on Sirius's programming choices but would program based on their own personal choices and assume everyone else would be pleased...

Seeing that Bubba is only live one day a week, and considering Adam was probably one of the highest rated morning shows in the country, and considering Adam may have more mainstream appeal, you know, appeal to people not into NASCAR and pro wrestling, I figured he might be a good choice to REPLACE Bubba. Let the Bubber go back to terrestrial radio, like he is all all week save one day.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Seeing that Bubba is only live one day a week, and considering Adam was probably one of the highest rated morning shows in the country, and considering Adam may have more mainstream appeal, you know, appeal to people not into NASCAR and pro wrestling, I figured he might be a good choice to REPLACE Bubba. Let the Bubber go back to terrestrial radio, like he is all all week save one day.

Let Adam stay with terrestrial radio if his ratings are so high and leave Bubber alone. Listening to his show at 3pm still works just fine for plenty of people. If I haven't heard it, don't care if it's a repeat from the morning - it's still new to me.

A mark is a mark, whether it's for Bubba or Carolla. And as Scionic pointed out, programing from one's personal choice won't please everyone.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Let Adam stay with terrestrial radio if his ratings are so high and leave Bubber alone. Listening to his show at 3pm still works just fine for plenty of people. If I haven't heard it, don't care if it's a repeat from the morning - it's still new to me.

A mark is a mark, whether it's for Bubba or Carolla. And as Scionic pointed out, programing from one's personal choice won't please everyone.

While I would agree with what you have to say, I really like getting Adam's free podcast at the moment. I'm sure there will come a time when I'm going to want to hear lightning fast sound drops from Bald Bryan, but until then I'm going to continue to love getting a half an hour of Adam riffing and having a great time.

Today's show was amazing. Just a relaxed, fun and entertaining conversation between two really good friends. I look forward to hearing DAG and Norm and Joel McHale coming into that environment.

If the time should come when Adam finds himself on satellite and on Howard 101, I think it would make sense to have a guy that would be uncensored five days a week as opposed to what exists today, but that's me. Bubba has a lot of fans that would disagree.

I'm just glad I can still get to hear the Aceman...and for free!!!!!

Good, good, good times...:bigthumbup: