State of the Bubba - October 30, 2008

Heatherwiz

Oct 21, 2008
Nothing confirmed as of yet.. BUT please submit your questions for the show here or if you want them kept private till the show.. heatherwiz@btls.com

Keep in mind the best questions are ones that get the guys talking. And the success of these shows is dependent on us, the fans participating. So get to writing

(yes I have a land line)

DSC_0143.jpg

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
On the Thursday Howard Stern Show, Artie started a discussion with Howard about a DJ from the Midwest named Rover. Artie said that Rover used funny nick names in place of "normal language". Artie said that instead of saying a woman had big "breasts", he would say instead that she had big "creamers". It made me think of Bubba's funny language that he also uses in this regard. I would say also that "Bubba language" is a very big part of Bubba's show. Howard said that if someone was next to this guy at a party and he was talking like that, you would want to get away from him. Robin even weighed in by supporting Howard's take(surprise, surprise)by denigrating DJ's that employ this sort of creepy morning zoo double talk.

My question is, when Bubba hears his "boss" and the boss' inner circle defaming a DJ for using this type of radio shtick, does it weigh on Bubba very heavily? Because as a listener, I don't hear much difference between this aspect of Rover's show to that of Bubba's show.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Thanks for joining us over here at DRC, Heather. And Tom is right, glad to know that you got a landline. I'll never forget that last state of the bubba with all that cell hell. Maybe you need to get a different carrier. Sprint has a device that's like a mini cell tower that you can place in your house to get better reception.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Since things are potentially coming to a close on the Bubba/Sirius front, maybe he'll talk about this.

Initially, Howard really went out of his way to talk up the signing of Bubba to Sirius, and to try to make a working relationship between their shows. But it seems that every year, Bubba has to put up with the contract bullshit.
Does Bubba think that if Howard really wanted it to happen, the contract bullshit would be over with and wrapped up already? I'm a big fan of Howard's, but I often feel that he isn't doing right by the Tampa crew, especially considering they are on a channel that bears Stern's name

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Well, contact me and I'll get you a good deal on just the unit.

I'm waiting until I report to FT. Sam Houston in January. My military pay doesn't start until then so things are just a little tight. $600 for uniforms pretty much took care of me until the end of December. I can still listen via internet though, so that's nice.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, hoping he ends up touching on things a little bit. Not sure how much I'd be able to pick up if he goes to terrestrial radio only - not to mention the watering down of the show we are used to getting on Sirius. I'd still like to know if he at least thinks that if Howard really wanted it to happen, that they could come up with some cash.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Yeah, hoping he ends up touching on things a little bit. Not sure how much I'd be able to pick up if he goes to terrestrial radio only - not to mention the watering down of the show we are used to getting on Sirius. I'd still like to know if he at least thinks that if Howard really wanted it to happen, that they could come up with some cash.
Bubba won't say anything about Howard other than he's been supportive all the way. Apparently they've run out of money for the Howard channels.

Last edited:

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Bubba won't say anything about Howard other than he's been supportive all the way.

Possibly true, at least while there is still time left on the current contract. It will be interesting to hear what comes out *after* the contract is over. Can't wait to hear what comes out today - hope I get to hear most of it. Going to build a door for my cubicle :D