State of the Bubba - 2/23 7PM EST

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008

The State of the Bubba Address
Bubba the Love Sponge will host a live and uncensored 1-hour special where fans get to ask him and his crew questions about the show.

Monday, February 23
7 pm ET
Howard 101

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008

Bubba the Love Sponge will host a live and uncensored 1-hour special where fans get to ask him and his crew questions about the show.

Monday, February 23
7 pm ET
Howard 101

This should be good. Probably wont remember to listen though as the timing is so odd.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!

Monday, February 23
7 pm ET
Howard 101

I already know the state of the Bubba. Repeats Mon - Thurs. One show on Friday (thats been getting more Bubba-Raw centric since they came back in January) Nothing more to tell really.
Good luck to them though, they're good guys and used to put on a solid Sirius show.
I wish them luck.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I already know the state of the Bubba. Repeats Mon - Thurs. One show on Friday (thats been getting more Bubba-Raw centric since they came back in January) Nothing more to tell really.
It's only a repeat if you listen to the FM show. Believe me, I was as unhappy as anyone when I found out about the new situation but after listening for a couple of weeks, it's not as bad as it seemed like it would be. They've got a lot more freedom on FM than Howard had near the end. We get it without the dumps if they have to dump something for FM. McClure has been inserting uncensored bits when possible.

A lot of what they can't talk about is sex, and that's why they save it for Fridays, IMO. If you're not liking the Friday deal, you should really give the Mon-thurs a try. Maybe you found something better to listen to, I still find it to be the 2nd best show on the air...

But yeah, 4PM for me is going to be tricky. I found a USB wireless headset that looks like our phone headsets, so I plugged that in and it will play whatever is playing on my PC so I can listen and it looks like I'm on the phone. A couple hundred feet of range so I'm not tethered down. It might make me rethink the streaming add-on...

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
It's only a repeat if you listen to the FM show. Believe me, I was as unhappy as anyone when I found out about the new situation but after listening for a couple of weeks, it's not as bad as it seemed like it would be. They've got a lot more freedom on FM than Howard had near the end. We get it without the dumps if they have to dump something for FM. McClure has been inserting uncensored bits when possible.

A lot of what they can't talk about is sex, and that's why they save it for Fridays, IMO. If you're not liking the Friday deal, you should really give the Mon-thurs a try. Maybe you found something better to listen to, I still find it to be the 2nd best show on the air...

But yeah, 4PM for me is going to be tricky. I found a USB wireless headset that looks like our phone headsets, so I plugged that in and it will play whatever is playing on my PC so I can listen and it looks like I'm on the phone. A couple hundred feet of range so I'm not tethered down. It might make me rethink the streaming add-on...
I've been giving the Mon-Fri shows a chance. It's OK but not great IMO. I'm not going to knock them for making their deal. I would have done the same thing. I'm just not a fan of the repeat. It has it's moments but it's very Tampa-centric since the show is a Tampa morning show. It also has a lot more sprots talk, which for some is a plus but I'm not into sports much so I could care less. Except for NASCAR ;)

Bottom line is, it's a different product. Not better or worse just different.
It's not really for me. Maybe I'm just spoiled from all the uncensored radio I've listened to. I find myself tuning out and changing to the Stern repeat that I already heard in the morning.:shock:

I'm still holding out hope that Fridays will get better. The first couple were good the last few, not so much but it's probably harder to please as many people when you only have one shot a week at it and you have to cram in material for Bubba raw at the same time.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I'm still holding out hope that Fridays will get better. The first couple were good the last few, not so much but it's probably harder to please as many people when you only have one shot a week at it and you have to cram in material for Bubba raw at the same time.
I think they probably feel they have to do all that crazy shit to try and keep the Sirius audience happy since they're getting a "watered down" show the rest of the week. I wish they could just do a regular show to be honest. It's a waste of time trying to make people happy who won't be pleased no matter what happens.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I think they probably feel they have to do all that crazy shit to try and keep the Sirius audience happy since they're getting a "watered down" show the rest of the week. I wish they could just do a regular show to be honest. It's a waste of time trying to make people happy who won't be pleased no matter what happens.
That’s what I hoped for on Fridays, a regular show like their old Sirius show. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to get that any time soon but the dust hasn't really settled yet on the new situation.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Well, try to get in during the SotB and share these concerns. I think Bubba might even admit that all of the "Shock the Puss" stuff got a little overboard in the early Sirius days. They don't need to go to "11" all of the time.