Starplayr2 for Mac

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I have version 2.1 on my Mac. I was explaining to my wife that you can set it up in iCal to record what you want and it send it to iTunes.

However, when I downloaded the latest Starplayr2 for Mac from versiontracker:

StarPlayr 2.1.2 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

I found out that the recording has been removed (yes, I know it says it there, too).

I have not or will not upgrade mine. I did find a 2.1 for her iMac, which still allows recording.

To the Starplayr2 writers: why was the recording removed?

AMRivlin

Nov 16, 2008
SoCal
It is a great player, there is a rumor at nicemac.com (down right now) that StarPlayerLite will be out soon and will work much like the windows one obtaining channel listings from the server.

Recording is out across the board to prolong the viability of the program, meaning (don't let the powers that be have an excuse to shutter it down)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The windows version forces you to upgrade rather you want to or not. Likely they will disable it somehow and force you too at some point. I wonder why they got away from offering the ability to record.

GeeksToolBox

Oct 11, 2008
The windows version forces you to upgrade rather you want to or not. Likely they will disable it somehow and force you too at some point. I wonder why they got away from offering the ability to record.

You are not forced to update. It notifies you an update is available, and there is an Ok and a Skip button. You can skip any version you like.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
You are not forced to update. It notifies you an update is available, and there is an Ok and a Skip button. You can skip any version you like.

Well I guess that is my bad, I never noticed you could hit skip. Anyway I have no reason not to upgrade.

Goodtime

Oct 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
StarLight 1.1.0a coming soon

StarLight 1.1.0a is coming in about 2-3 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

It will add support for Flip4Mac WMV as an option and when this option is turned on, provided the user has Flip4Mac installed, it will allow them to use AirFoil, NiceCast, Audio HiJackPro, or WireTapStudio pro.

In other words, users who wish to send only StarLight native audio to wireless speakers or do their own recordings with third party software, they will be able to do this and still have a simple and clean interface to get to Sirius.

StarLight Extreme is also in the works and that will have more options and will most likely add XM support as it is being dubbed, StarLightXM.

Guide, Alerts, and notifications are also being developed for the StarLight product line. StarPlayr 3.0 for Mac is also in the works and it will be a big departure from previous versions of StarPlayr and StarLight but it will continue to be the Mac Daddy of our offerings.

Goodtime
NiceMac LLC
StarLight Developer

Goodtime

Oct 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
StarLightXM progressing

Thanks Goodtime! I (we) look forward to the updates.

StarLightXM which combines Sirius and/or XM for Mac users is currently on 1.1.3 Beta 3.

I'd like to extend our private beta invitation to Digital Radio Central readers.

If you'd like to be part of our beta program for StarLightXM for Mac OS X Leopard, please email:

soft at nicemac dot com

No iPhone inquiries please. This beta program is currently available for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Most of the code will be common with Tiger. To keep these builds less complicated, we are limiting our test group to one OS. A Tiger/Leopard public beta of StarLightXM will be released in January. Private betas will come out periodically during the holiday season and only users on our private beta group will receive them.

Sincerely,

Goodtime
NiceMac LLC
StarLightXM Developer

Last edited: