StarPlayr for Windows Public Alpha - GeeksToolBox, LLC

Discussion in 'SIR & XMRO Internet Radio' started by DAB, Oct 9, 2008.

1. MM

MM Administrator

This is true.
  2. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

I was going to ask about the Yahoo Widget. I'm still using the SIRIUS widget on my XP Pro machine. I was going to ask if anyone had it working on Vista since I was not able to get it working on my laptop. Should I just try this new StartPlayr instead?
  3. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

Trust me... iPhone is top priority along with several other platforms.

The Alpha release of StarPlayr for Windows has been very successful and very helpful. The server side of things (StreamSmart) has gone through many optimizations as has the actual client... transparent to the users.

We have some very exciting features yet to be publicly released that will make these clients 10 times better than anything else out there... and on 10 times the number of platforms.

Imagine... Well... Anything!
  4. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

Sounds promising. I'll download StarPlayr for Windows and give it a try. Thanks.
  5. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

StarPlayr is great! I installed it on my Vista laptop so far. Finally, SIRIUS and XM integrated into one player so that I can toggle back and forth between XM and SIRIUS channels.
  6. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Love Starplayr, use it for windows, can't wait for the update for Best of being available.

Keep up the good work!
  7. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

I have used Starplayr on my daughter's MacBook and loaded up her iTouch with hours of Sirius Octane, Alt Nation, Lithium and Sirius Hits 1. Now I want a MB for me just because of Starplayr. I bet I get one for Christmas...........:)
  8. MM

MM Administrator

Or you can get a new one on Tuesday!!
  9. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

I haven't been able to get the install to work on my XP Pro machine yet. The install hung when I ran it yesterday afternoon.
  10. Davis

Davis Member

I believe there is something wrong with it right now. I just tried reinstalling it on a new machine (actually I just reformatted the HD) and it couldn't install.
  11. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Should be up and working again later today.
  12. Davis

Davis Member

OH, I missed that. Good bump.
  13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I hope they are getting ready to start releasing this thing on many other platforms including the iPhone/iPod Touch.
  14. Stew

Stew New Member

Is there a new Version of wm5 ? (I have v 1.10.1.31855)

Tried looking at your website but it was down?
  15. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

That is the latest. The host is still performing the data center move and is refusing to give me an eta at this time.
  16. Stew

Stew New Member

ok thanks...:bigthumbup:
  17. GeeksToolBox

GeeksToolBox Member

They are now estimating 12 hours.
  18. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Thanks for the update.
  19. TAZLV

TAZLV Member

Still not up as of 12:30am PT Tuesday
  20. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

I haven't had another chance to try to install it on my XP machine anyway. Looking forward to getting it up and running though. I appreciate all of the updates.