StarPlayr 3 for Mac is Here!

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
The guys from NiceMac.com are back with StarPlayr 3 for Mac.

Preview is available at NiceMac.com.

You have to join the forums to get the download.

I just did it and it's nice!

Let's go Mac users and support goodtime at NiceMac.

macfanatic010

Nov 8, 2008
Personally, I use Puslar. rogueamoeba.com/pulsar/

agreed. i used to like StarPlayr 1 and 2, but after Rogue Amoeba launched Pulsar, I switched to that. IMO, i think Pulsar's user interface is better looking -- it's very similar to iTunes. that and it interfaces with audio hijack pro -- haven't used those 2 together yet, but i'm sure it'll come in handy if i ever wanted to record a talk show like Me & Vinnie.

phillyphan

Oct 11, 2008
Philly area
agreed. i used to like StarPlayr 1 and 2, but after Rogue Amoeba launched Pulsar, I switched to that. IMO, i think Pulsar's user interface is better looking -- it's very similar to iTunes. that and it interfaces with audio hijack pro -- haven't used those 2 together yet, but i'm sure it'll come in handy if i ever wanted to record a talk show like Me & Vinnie.

Is there anything like this available for PC users? I miss StarPlayr.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Can I replace the version that records and keep that feature?

EDIT:

Both versions are ok and the new one is working on that special feature of the old one. This is a great application and now is my favorite way to listen to Sirius when not in a car or boat.

Last edited:

Goodtime

Oct 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
StarPlayr3.0.2 or later has the ability to record and can has the ability to auto sync to iTunes and your iPod or iPhone. Even puts nice channel art with the tracks.

Sirius version runs on Leopard and Snow Leopard.

Sirius verison for Tiger will be coming out next in January and a new XM version for Leopard and Snow Leopard will be available in February.

So far the response on the official StarPlayr3.0 has been very positive. We've finally taken StarPlayr out of beta and it competes directly with Pulsar.

http://starplayr.com

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
So far the response on the official StarPlayr3.0 has been very positive. We've finally taken StarPlayr out of beta and it competes directly with Pulsar.

StarPlayr.com

Looks great! Thanks for bringing back the recording ability. Nice touch of adding the channel art in iTunes, too.

enfuego360

Nov 29, 2009
yea, that's cool. currently i am using stream_on until tanner's yahoo widget is updated.

i just remember liking the starplyr back in the day. i would use the siriustunner primarily and every once in a while the starplayr.

but thanks for the info.

Goodtime

Oct 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
It is odd that the Sirius Yahoo Widget hasn't been updated yet.

NiceMac had an update for the Sirius Leopard version within 24 hours and a few days later had an update for Sirius Tiger and XM Leopard users.

There will be a StarPlayr Sirius Leopard update this weekend (3.0.4) just in time for Act III History of Howard Stern.