Starmate Replay Issues After Channel Merger

wpicha

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I use the old style Replay radio (the one with the stronger FM transmitter), and since the channel merger I cannot save artists to the seek list on some channels.
It appears to be only an issue with the channels coming from XM (Deep Tracks, Loft, 60's on 6...).
In addition, bands in my current seek list (Beatles) don't alert anymore from those same channels.

Is anyone else having this same issues? Is this an issue with the new Starmate Replay?

Thanks.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
Call Sirius support. If enough people complain, maybe they'll start doing something about it! :mad:

Last edited:

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
The MEMO function is screwed for everyone... Like Allanon says, all you can do is complain to customer support.

Entourage

Dec 1, 2008
What is sirius saying regarding this issue? Many Sirius units have the memo feature, so the amount of complaining customers has to be high. I have to believe the only solution would be a over the air update.:(

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This has been covered in several threads. No over the air update is going to fix this.

Sirius uses PID info that is encoded with each song for the song/artist seek to identify it. So it saves this PID info to your tuner when you save an artist or song seek. When that PID shows up on a channel then you get the alert.

Now we've merged two systems, some channels are being programed on the XM side, while some on being programmed on the Sirius side. Those channels on the Sirius side will continue to work as always. Those channels on the XM side, do not have this PID info encoded in them and so the artist/songs can't be saved and they also won't alert if they were already saved. XM matches text info for their artist/song seek, so they both have different methods for artist/song seek. What they are doing to rectify this situation? That is any ones guess! It would seem to me they are going to have to either update the tuners, which I don't think they can do to respond to text info or encode the XM library with the PID info. Maybe the reason some of you get it to work occasionally is because they are slowly adding the PID info. But if they have to recode each song, this could take months to accomplish unless they could automate it somehow.

XeroFuzion

Nov 25, 2008
This has been covered in several threads. No over the air update is going to fix this.

Sirius uses PID info that is encoded with each song for the song/artist seek to identify it. So it saves this PID info to your tuner when you save an artist or song seek. When that PID shows up on a channel then you get the alert.

Now we've merged two systems, some channels are being programed on the XM side, while some on being programmed on the Sirius side. Those channels on the Sirius side will continue to work as always. Those channels on the XM side, do not have this PID info encoded in them and so the artist/songs can't be saved and they also won't alert if they were already saved. XM matches text info for their artist/song seek, so they both have different methods for artist/song seek. What they are doing to rectify this situation? That is any ones guess! It would seem to me they are going to have to either update the tuners, which I don't think they can do to respond to text info or encode the XM library with the PID info. Maybe the reason some of you get it to work occasionally is because they are slowly adding the PID info. But if they have to recode each song, this could take months to accomplish unless they could automate it somehow.

This theory sounded good a few weeks ago, however I have been testing out my radio every time I use it now, just to see what it does. These days, I no longer love songs because I like them, I now love songs just to see if it works. Thanks Sirius! :bigthumbup: Songs that used to be able to be loved a few weeks, or a month ago, dont work. These are also songs Ive heard before and have also recorded before. (Mostly on Octane) Yes, the one song is still in my recently recorded list because i recorded it a couple weeks ago. I tried to record it yesterday and it asked me what time I wanted to record until.:idunno:

2001MUgrad

Dec 16, 2008
The fact that some channels it works fine on and some channels it doesn't work at all. Tell my way it seeks a Taylor Swift song for me on Hits 1, but won't on New Country?

In fact the artist doesn't work on any country channel for me. I'm on about my last damn nerve with Sirius. I have 2 subscriptions and I'm thinking of canceling 1 if not both of them.