Starmate 3's quality?

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
I may have access to buying a Starmate 3. I already have the following radios and my impressions so far:

- Starmate 5: it has worked flawlessly & I love it.
- An old Sportster Replay: has worked pretty good for the most part (except all button lights have burned out). Has been plugged in pretty much 24/7 too.
- Original Starmate: Works flawlessly as well & all lights/buttons work perfect.

Does the Starmate 3 have a pretty good track record too? Just wondering before I possibly get it. Starmate 3's can have Best of XM added to them too, correct?

AZDude

Oct 18, 2008
Mesa, AZ
I have a (deactivated) Starmate 3 that I used for one year. It is the only Sirius radio I ever owned and I only used it in the car. I thought it worked very well. When I took the radio out, everything still worked just like it did when I first got it. The only exception was that the #1 button got a little worn over that time span. It wasn't too bad, just had to press it slightly harder. Even the dot-micro antenna still worked (apperently rare for it to last a year or longer).

Since you had good luck with starmate braned radios, you should go for it! Besides the Starmate 3 is the cheapest Starmate out there. And has a cool looking orange display.

Edit: Oh yeah, you can add the best of XM too.