Spring Forward

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Yes, it's that time of year again, time to loose an hour of sleep.

So, set your clock ahead one hour before you go to sleep.

(Except for those who do not, AZ, etc...)

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
You read what MM said, all of you set your clock one hour a ahead. But not the ones in Arizona and that me! :woohoo: :lolsign: :p

Last edited:

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Thankfully, the church I go to is called the St. Mattress of the Holy Springs, so it won't have an effect on me.

However, losing an extra hour of weekend is the problem. Daylight Savings Time blows.

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
I recently bought an "atomic" radio receiver watch... It synchronizes itself every nigh from the atomic clocks owned by the National Institute of Standards and Technology near Ft. Collins Colorado. The NIST has a low frequency transmitter that constantly sends a synchronizing signal that these special watches and clocks use.

I never have to set the watch. It's always within 1/100 of a second of 'official time'. I got up this morning and the watch had set itself to DST. Of course, I had to set all the other clocks in the house.

Here's a writeup on how these atomic watches/clocks work:

Information about WWVB Radio Controlled Clocks

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I recently bought an "atomic" radio receiver watch... It synchronizes itself every nigh from the atomic clocks owned by the National Institute of Standards and Technology near Ft. Collins Colorado. The NIST has a low frequency transmitter that constantly sends a synchronizing signal that these special watches and clocks use.

I never have to set the watch. It's always within 1/100 of a second of 'official time'. I got up this morning and the watch had set itself to DST. Of course, I had to set all the other clocks in the house.

Here's a writeup on how these atomic watches/clocks work:

Information about WWVB Radio Controlled Clocks

Thats a really cool gadget. (I am a gadget guy.) But I have to ask you, as a guy who's usually 20 minutes late for everything. . . . . .

Have you ever needed to be anywhere where being on time within 1/100 th of a second mattered? (Unless you drive a NASCAR for a living that is. . . ) :Smiley_wink: