Sportster3 cutting out, full signal

scb147

Nov 24, 2008
PA
I have a Sportster 3, and within the last few days, it will occasionally cut out. But the signal is still at full strength.

Sometimes it will not "boot" when I turn it on either, meaning that it sits at the Sirius Satellite Radio screen and not go any further. I usually have to power on and off (sometimes many times) in order for it to finally get past it.

Sound like the receiver is going bad to me, just wanted to get some input from others.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
nope. I get these too with the S50 (yesterday at least). Not us I don't think.

pboomer

Oct 27, 2008
WI
I have been getting audio "drop out" problems with my Sportster 5 for a while now. It does not happen too often, but it does happen. It is not a signal strength issue, and I also had the SP5 replaced once as I thought it was an issue with the unit. At the same time I had an old Orbitor running and it did not experience any drop outs. Not sure what's going on here.

pboomer

Oct 27, 2008
WI
Just to update on this thread, I got a replacement Sportster 5 from Sirius and this issue has gone away. It appears that there are some bad units out there and I was "lucky" enough to go through 2 of them before getting a working unit.