Sportster 4 cradle- AUX in?

mummer43

Feb 22, 2009
I have a Sportster 4 in my car and the cradle has what looks to be an AUX in port and I was wondering if I could use that to plug my iPod in. I have the radio hooked up the the direct antenna and I would assume the sound would be better than using an FM signal over the air, no?

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Yes you can use that input for your iPod.

Those docks are hard to come by now, since they were switched out very quickly after the SP4 was released.

mummer43

Feb 22, 2009
Yes you can use that input for your iPod.

Those docks are hard to come by now, since they were switched out very quickly after the SP4 was released.

Cool. Do I have to hit any buttons or anything, or just plug it in?

mummer43

Feb 22, 2009
As soon as you plug something into it it will say aux-in at the bottom of your screen. Shame they stopped making those.

Cool, I will try it out with my iPhone since I have an aux cable. I'll report back with my impressions of the sound.

mummer43

Feb 22, 2009
Ugh. I went to pull the rubber plug out and ended up getting it lodged deep in the hole. I tried to pull it out and only made it worse. Looks like I will be looking for a used one!

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
If you have the rubber plug it might not be the AUX in. I think some of the cradles had holes where the AUX was supposed to be.

Maybe take a pic?

mummer43

Feb 22, 2009
If you have the rubber plug it might not be the AUX in. I think some of the cradles had holes where the AUX was supposed to be.

Maybe take a pic?

It says AUX right underneath it, so I am sure that's what it is.

mummer43

Feb 22, 2009
I have been using the AUX in with my iphone and it sounds really good. Definitely better than an FM transmitter with an ipod, which is what I used in the past. It's not CD quality, but it's close enough for me. The only issue I have is when I have the phone charging, it causes a little but of interference.