Sportser 4 Install Help - VSM

mummer43

Feb 22, 2009
Hi, I am looking for a custom vehicle mount to install a Sirius Sportster 4 in my 2006 Nissan Frontier. I am deciding between a Pro.Fit and a Bracketron and I have a couple questions. First, do you guys have a any idea what do do with the wires that come out of the unit once it's mounted? I can't think of where to route them that keeps everything looking clean.

Second, what parts will I need in order to hard wire the unit to my 12v power outlet. I am looking to run everything behind the dash and wire it so the radio comes on when I turn on the vehicle. Is there a part I could use for this? I will also need the FM modulator that will plug into the back of my factory radio. Are there any other parts that you know of that I need to do this? Are there any vehicle specific parts for my truck that I will need?

Thanks!

Mopar86

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
www.tss-radio.com
What I would recommend would be the Power Hardwire Kit, not only will this hardwire the power but it also has a cord management sleeve, tiny piece of netted hollow cable that you can slip the cords into and keep them together, that will help keep the cords out of sight and very minimal.
SIRIUS Vehicle Power Hardwire Kit

You can get away with routing them through the air vent space, that would be my suggestion based on photos of an 06 frontier dash.

You would not need FM antenna adapters, so all you need is the FM Direct Adapter.
Refurbished FM Direct Adapter (Wired Relay)

mummer43

Feb 22, 2009
What I would recommend would be the Power Hardwire Kit, not only will this hardwire the power but it also has a cord management sleeve, tiny piece of netted hollow cable that you can slip the cords into and keep them together, that will help keep the cords out of sight and very minimal.
SIRIUS Vehicle Power Hardwire Kit

You can get away with routing them through the air vent space, that would be my suggestion based on photos of an 06 frontier dash.

You would not need FM antenna adapters, so all you need is the FM Direct Adapter.
Refurbished FM Direct Adapter (Wired Relay)

Yeah, I talked to someone at TSS and they were really helpful. I am going to go with a VSM, the wiring kit and the antenna adapter.