sports talk radio shows on Sirius XM - What are your favorites?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Time to take inventory, if you will, and see what we are all listening to, as far as sports talk radio on Sirius XM is concerned .

For me...
I listen to Mike & Mike in the Morning on my way to work each morning. (It kills me that I don't have access to Sirius while I'm at work!)

On my lunch hour, I listen to The Herd with Colin Cowherd. It's an alright show, not my favorite, but it keeps me interested.
I really liked Tirico and Van Pelt, but they moved it where it no longer falls near my lunch hour.

In the afternoons, I'll listen to PTI, if I'm not playing music.

What about you guys?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I get PTI on Podcasts and I catch Tirico and Van Pelt whenever I can. That's about the only sports talk I can take unless I'm up on the weekends for Bob Valvano overnights on Saturday and Sunday.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Mornings: Steve Czaban - FSR
Last Mornings-Early Afternoon: The B-Team - Mad Dog Radio
Afternoon: Nothing, maybe a PTI or Around the Horn Podcast
Evenings: Ferrell/JT The Brick - Howard 101/FSR

Fact: Before coming to Howard 101 Ferrell used to work at FSR mostly filling in for JT.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Most of the sports talk I listen to on satellite is on Mad Dog Radio. 'The B-Team' is probably my favorite, and of course 'Mad Dog Unleashed' is good too. About the only thing I can stand on ESPN Radio is Colin Cowherd...I think he's actually pretty good.

But usually when I listen to sports radio, it's a local station here in Houston. The national shows don't talk too much Astros, Texans, Rockets.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
For good reason:D

Believe me, I know.

As far as cities with all three major sports (sorry, NHL), Houston's teams have been among the worst. If it wasn't for Michael Jordan taking a few years off there in the '90's (and the Rockets winning 2 titles), Houston would probably be on the same level as Cleveland.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Believe me, I know.

As far as cities with all three major sports (sorry, NHL), Houston's teams have been among the worst. If it wasn't for Michael Jordan taking a few years off there in the '90's (and the Rockets winning 2 titles), Houston would probably be on the same level as Cleveland.

Charlotte's got Houston topped... Sure, we've been to the Super Bowl, but that wasn't a contest, our NHL team won a championship but nobody cared about that... and neither the Hornets or the Bobcats have even come close... so we have 0 championships!:bigcry:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Charlotte's got Houston topped... Sure, we've been to the Super Bowl, but that wasn't a contest, our NHL team won a championship but nobody cared about that... and neither the Hornets or the Bobcats have even come close... so we have 0 championships!:bigcry:

Well no offense but I was really just talking about the big, established sports towns...the New York's, the Chicago's, the Cleveland's, the Detroit's etc. Charlotte has had a football team for 14 years, a basketball team on-and-off for about 20 years, and if you want to count hockey, about 12 years. No baseball team to even be upset about.

Maybe you have no championships, but you haven't had pro teams for that long.

Astros - 48 years and nothing
Oilers/Texans - 43 years and nothing
Rockets - 38 years, 2 championships

WOE IS HOUSTON!!!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I guess to be fair, I should have mentioned the Houston Comets and their 4 championships in the previous post. ;)

Of course, that franchise doesn't even exist anymore...

Anyway, back on topic, any of you guys listen to that Hardcore Sports channel? I've never been able to get into it really...maybe it's the Canadian accents, eh?

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Anyway, back on topic, any of you guys listen to that Hardcore Sports channel? I've never been able to get into it really...maybe it's the Canadian accents, eh?

I flipped over to Hardcore Sports this morning, some nutty Canuck (Gabe?) was telling crazy stories about a dude swinging a machete at passing busses then getting shot by the police...went on and on...not bad!