Spontaneous reboots

BillB14

Oct 12, 2012
Starting last night, after connecting, while still buffering, my TTR1 makes a popping sound, like it does when a system reset is done. I see the Sirius splash screen for about 30 seconds, the TTR would turn off , the clock goes back to 12:00am for a few moments and then sets itself correctly. The same thing occurred whenever I'd turn it on. I tried hitting a different channel pre-set to make sure that the problem wasn't channel specific. But the same thing occured.

So, I was able to hit the menu button before the restart occurred and did an actual System Reset. After the reset occurred, and I entered my ID and Password, the Category Tune screen then came up. While it was downloading channel info, the same "pop...Sirius spash, power off, clock reset" occurred.

Now, every time that I turn it on, it connects, goes tot he Category Tune screen and does the exact cams thing ""pop...Sirius spash, power off, clock reset"

Absolutely nothing has changed in my Wifi network. The TTR worked perfectly yesterday morning and now it doesn't.

I figured that if this were a Sirius Online thing, I would have already seen a thread about it here. So, I'm assuming that it's a problem with my TTR.

Any suggestions?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It would seem an issue with your TTR. Mine is working fine. I have noticed it reboots itself every week or two but not regularly. I suspect some electronics inside has given way and is shorting which is causing the reset/refresh. You are probably looking at new unit.

BillB14

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks. SirusXM agrees with your assessment. They are sending me a replacement TTR1 this week.

BillB14

Oct 12, 2012
This ended up not being a problem with the TTR. When I received the replacement unit, the same reboot problem occurred. When I disconnected my wireless access point, and just used the signal from my wireless router, the problem went away. I bought a new access point (different brand) and the problem came back. So I just disconnected the access point.

Last night, the problem came back. I ended up disconnecting my network switch from the router and the problem went away again. Tonight, I started trying to narrow down the problem to an individual component. It appears that my PC is the problem. Whenever my PC is plugged into my network, I get the spontaneous reboots of my TTR (as described in the first post). It doesn't matter whether the TTR is working wirelessly or connected via Ethernet.

Does anyone have any ideas what a PC (Windows 7) could be doing that would cause a problem with the TTR?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This ended up not being a problem with the TTR. When I received the replacement unit, the same reboot problem occurred. When I disconnected my wireless access point, and just used the signal from my wireless router, the problem went away. I bought a new access point (different brand) and the problem came back. So I just disconnected the access point.

Last night, the problem came back. I ended up disconnecting my network switch from the router and the problem went away again. Tonight, I started trying to narrow down the problem to an individual component. It appears that my PC is the problem. Whenever my PC is plugged into my network, I get the spontaneous reboots of my TTR (as described in the first post). It doesn't matter whether the TTR is working wirelessly or connected via Ethernet.

Does anyone have any ideas what a PC (Windows 7) could be doing that would cause a problem with the TTR?

Could it have the same IP as your TTR1? That would confuse your router and the TTR1.

BillB14

Oct 12, 2012
No. While trying trying lots of different things, I ended up blocking the IP of the TTR1 in my PC's firewall software. So far, the TTR has been playing with no problems for about a half hour (it was rebooting within 30 seconds of turning it on before).

Since that seems to be working, I'm going to try assigning a static IP to the TTR1 (which I will block in the firewall), in order to make the fix more permanent.

BillB14

Oct 12, 2012
It appears that my problem is directly related to a PowerDVD service that is intended to allow Android devices to discover and utilize PowerDVD on the PC. Someone else reported the same problem on XMFan wth version 11 of PowerDVD ( XMFan.com :: #1 Fan Site of Sirius XM Satellite Radio :: TTR1 Power Resets When Channel Tries to Connect ). Disabling the CLMSServerPDVD12.exe service, plus the CLMSMonitorServicePDVD12.exe service, which turns the fist service on if it's off when PowerDVD is launched, seems to have fixed my problem.

I figured that I'd post the resolution in case someone else, who has the same problem, finds this thread. Hopefully, it will help them fix their problem a lot faster than I fixed mine.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It appears that my problem is directly related to a PowerDVD service that is intended to allow Android devices to discover and utilize PowerDVD on the PC. Someone else reported the same problem on XMFan wth version 11 of PowerDVD ( XMFan.com :: #1 Fan Site of Sirius XM Satellite Radio :: TTR1 Power Resets When Channel Tries to Connect ). Disabling the CLMSServerPDVD12.exe service, plus the CLMSMonitorServicePDVD12.exe service, which turns the fist service on if it's off when PowerDVD is launched, seems to have fixed my problem.

I figured that I'd post the resolution in case someone else, who has the same problem, finds this thread. Hopefully, it will help them fix their problem a lot faster than I fixed mine.

Wow. Thanks for the info BillB. It's funny what computers do sometimes.

striker1211

Jul 30, 2014
I just wanted to post and say thanks to BillB14. Sure enough my constant restarts were being caused by my computer that had PowerDVD installed on it. I uninstalled it and the reboots stopped right away.

Reactions: semipenguin