Speed Channel

Jager

Nov 16, 2008
Virginia
Past week or so it has been unbearable to watch :confused: I'm not sure its every where else or just in my area of Va but its like the Sat feed just keeps freezing :mad:
and I have cable, anybody else experiencing this problem?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Nope, I have Dish, and it was perfectly fine this afternoon. I just wish it was in HD:mad:

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Nope, I have Dish, and it was perfectly fine this afternoon. I just wish it was in HD:mad:

I have Dish also and can't understand why when they said by the end of 2008 they would have "over 100 HD channels" that SPEED was not one of them.

They need to get on the ball and broadcast it in HD!!!

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I have Dish also and can't understand why when they said by the end of 2008 they would have "over 100 HD channels" that SPEED was not one of them.

I half-considered switching to Time Warner because Dish is so behind the ball, but TW is worse. They're HD package is Dish's two years ago...

But hey, I got Fox News in HD, so I'm happy :D

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
i hate speed. i wish we had the old tnn.

I used to watch TNN years ago and outside of the occasional Cup race and the World of Outlaws races, I don't remember all that much in the way of NASCAR programming. What other racing related shows did they have?

I like the Speed Channel. They devote allot of time to covering NASCAR. I would have liked to have seen them be one of the televisions partners for broadcasting the races. Their Camping World Truck Series coverage is way better then anything that the other networks have to offer. More racing, less BS! :soapbox:

If have DirecTV, so I feel for ya! It is total :bs: that they do not carry SPEED HD. I never really looked at their channel lineup but I imagine, like DirecTV, they have many other channels in HD that don't/seldom even carry HD programming! They need to take a step back on one of those channels and broadcast SPEED HD instead. :yesshake:

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
If I remember right, Dish Network even sponsored a car in NASCAR, I think it was Carl Edwards busch car actually. So when SPEED was going to start in HD, I thought for sure they would pick up the HD, guess I was wrong. I have everything hooked up with Dish, and I don't want to start all over with Direct TV. So, hopefully they get lots of complaints (I've sent in mine lol) and maybe this year start SPEED in HD.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Well, Speed is owned by Fox, and Dish seems to have trouble negotiating with those guys, which is why we also don't have FX in HD yet.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Gee flap.........thanks for the good news LOL.............guess they will never have SPEED in HD!!

The only reason we got Fox News and Fox Business in HD is because Fox sued them for it. But I'm glad that I could help :bigthumbup:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Maybe you've read some of the newer news that Sirius/XM are trying to work with DirecTV? I'd much rather see that as a DirecTV subscriber.