Sources: 29, 07 Teams to swap crews, chiefs

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
there were talks of the 5 & 88 swapping as well. i would have damned hindlick if they made that swap!!!

But why damn him? I keep thinking of an old saying my grandfather taught me. "those that do what they have always done will get what they have always got". That being said..........read between the lines on how it relates to the Jr. situation.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I doubt he'll make that switch with the 88 and the 5 right after they dominated and won together.
Eury Jr though, he needs to be replaced. maybe put Sr. back in there? I dunno...

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
If Hendrick takes Alan away from Mark, the federal government, jail time, the butchy man in cell 12B will be the least of his worries.

he didn't spend any time behind bars because of mail fraud. instead he got slapped with a $250,000 fine, 12 month of home confinement (because of leukima) and 3 years probation.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Jr. should have gotten Darian Grubb, but what are we talking about Jr. for here?:eek:fftopic:

Anyways, can't say I disagree with the change, but Childress has overall be under-performing this year, with the slight possible exception of Boyer.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Yup Boyer is the one shining star over there right now. I'm glad too, I still feel he got a raw deal with the 07 team. I'm sure RCR will pull it together soon. Well, 3 out of 4 will I'm sure of it. ;)

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Jr. should have gotten Darian Grubb, but what are we talking about Jr. for here?:eek:fftopic:

Anyways, can't say I disagree with the change, but Childress has overall be under-performing this year, with the slight possible exception of Boyer.

not totally off topic seeing how it talks about swapping crew chiefs.

anyways, how many crew chiefs does havowreck have to go through anyways? isn't this his 3rd or 4th one since taking over the 29.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I thought Grubb would have been a better crew chief for him than Jr...:shock:

But you know the old saying, you snooze, you lose...:p

Last edited:

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
When I first heard they were swapping crews between the 29 and 07, I thought, man, why are they doing this to Clint...he's doing great....then I remembered he wasn't in the 07 anymore. Might work, never know til ya try and I've a lot of faith in Childress...smart cookie to have survived this business 40 years.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Hope it works well for the 29/07 swap. RCR has done this sort of thing in the past.

As far as the 88/5 swap...... Fun rumor but that's about it. I doubt that this was ever even given a thought by Hendrick.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I thought Grubb would have been a better crew chief for him than Jr...:shock:

But you know the old saying, you snooze, you lose...:p

I was happy to see Smoke snag Grubb, and it looks like it's working out :bigthumbup:

Hope it works well for the 29/07 swap. RCR has done this sort of thing in the past.

As far as the 88/5 swap...... Fun rumor but that's about it. I doubt that this was ever even given a thought by Hendrick.

I don't see that happening either. They have been saying this since the beginning of the season. I'm not saying it might be interesting, but there's a family element mixed in that makes it tougher.

Ok back on topic. The 29/07 move doesn't surprise me. Childress is trying to find as much success as he can for all his teams, and maybe a new crew chief will do the trick for Mears, and I'm sure Happy and Gil can communicate.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
"Fun rumor but that's about it."

There is nothing fun about that rumor. Now I dont give a flying crap what happens to Dale Jr. or Tony Eury, but Alan and Mark should and must be kept together.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
It would be great for Clint to win at 'dega this weekend.

Mears will probably tangle up with Juan or Michael. Or Robby. LOL.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
"Fun rumor but that's about it."

There is nothing fun about that rumor. Now I dont give a flying crap what happens to Dale Jr. or Tony Eury, but Alan and Mark should and must be kept together.

isn't that the truth. kyle and alan were running on all cylinders together until it was brought out kyle wouldn't be coming back to drive the 5. alan and mark is a very good fit, they just had their share of misfortunes, nothing whatsoever to do with them having a communications barrier.