Sour Shoes Thanksgiving special

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
They replayed it late last night. Think it was around 3 hours of the strangest, most beguiling radio I've ever heard. That's not to say it was any good, just like a train wreck you were fixated on.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
, just like a train wreck you were fixated on.
I know, I caught the 1st hour at work. LOL I had my headphones listening but couldn't change the channel. I had to listen for some reason lol...
Luckily I got called away from my desk.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
They replayed it late last night. Think it was around 3 hours of the strangest, most beguiling radio I've ever heard. That's not to say it was any good, just like a train wreck you were fixated on.

LOL! Exactly!

It did get better as it went on. Very bizarre, to say the least.

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
This is one show that would actually benefit from being on Howard TV. There were many times when you couldn't hear anything going on, then suddenly Sour Shoes would start laughing at something. I agree with everybody else... it was a fascinating train wreck. It got better as it went on but that only lifted it from train wreck to car wreck.

Also, I don't think that Sour actually knows what Gene Simmons sounds like because when he tried to do Gene's voice, it sounded like someone doing a bad impression of Craig Gass' impression of Gene.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
I set my Stiletto to record it while away yesterday and listened to it twice today. There were some bizarre moments mixed in with some of the funniest radio I've heard in years on Howard's channels. Some bizarre moments were when you hear Sour say "it's hard to drop trou when holding a microphone" then you hear some odd noises that I swear was him pulling paper off the TP roll, use your imagination and figure out what he was doing there. A bit later he actually walked in the bathroom to pee, complete with flush and hand washing. The first hour was mostly of interactions with his family and some family karaoke going on in the background. Half way into the second hour he finally started some music that was funny as hell. Duets were sung by every whackpacker. He even Rick Rolled the audience :rofl:. I'd rate the show an 7 of 10. With a bit more structure he could have easily had a 10. I admit though, i'm a big fan of Sourshoes and may be biased.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
They replayed it last night. Based on a normal replay schedule, i'd guess Saturday at 3 PM ET (or thereabouts) on Howard 101. I'd tune in about 30 minutes early just to be on the safe side.

I didn't listen today at 2 PM (normal SFRT replay time) so they could have replayed it then.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I've uploaded it. Can i get in trouble here for posting the link?

Depends - bits of shows are usually OK, but the full McGillicutty might not be? Drop Tom Taylor a message and see how he feels about it. But yeah, v1ru5 gives you a good plan B option, too :)

I'd love to hear the whole thing - I caught about 30 minutes of the end on the drive home last night and it was some of the funniest stuff I've heard in ages. Just a huge hilarious trainwreck of music, F'd up lyrics and crazy impressions.