Songs per Station

Discussion in 'Slacker Radio' started by TX WJ, Jan 12, 2009.

1. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I know that the number of songs per station will vary depending on the size of your Slacker Radio and the number of stations you have on there.

I have a 8GB G1 with 35 stations, one station only had about 15-18 songs and then it started to repeat the songs, could that be right?

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I've never seen that, but it would depend on several factors. Is this a custom channel? If it is how many artist do you have in there and what are you fine tune settings? If it is professionally created then you need to look at the fine tuning.

The smallest custom channel that I've created has at least 50 artist and while I will hear repeats upon refreshing, I rarely hear them in the course of 5 to 6 hours of steady playback. You could hear some artist over, but not the same songs.

On the fine tuning setting if you move it to more familiar or hits based this will cut down on the playlist pretty dramatically. I have learned on several of my channels that the best setting is really just auto. Also on the playing favorites make sure you have this on auto or minimum otherwise you'll hear your favorites over and over much more often. The other setting of course is the classic to current this will cut back your playlist when selected though on some channels like a classic channel you'd want it to play just classics and nothing current. I just had to play with the setting till I understood exactly what they added or took away.

I've gotten to where now I am refreshing about every 4 to 5 days because this gives me plenty of time to listen through a station fully. This has helped reduce the amount of repeats I am hearing. The more often you refresh then the sooner a given channel is reshuffled and you are apt to hear songs over.

Prior to my recent mishap where I had to do the factory reset, I had some stations that would play for 10 to 12 hours without ever playing a repeat. I love that! I am rebuilding them now, but not rushing it by refreshing often.