Song from 1993 played on Classic Rewind

ibster

Nov 1, 2008
Calgary, AB
I just wanted to say that I heard Steam by Peter Gabriel last night on Classic Rewind. That song came out in 1993 which contradicts what era songs are supposed to be from. ~OMG!!! :)

/Ok seriously, it didn't really bother me, I actually hadn't heard the song in a long time (probably since 1993) and I liked it. It was just strange to hear it on that channel that's all.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
If you think about it, Sledgehammer has been played on Classic Rock radio for years, and the album 'Steam' came from was immediately following (by a few years) the 'So' album which Sledgehammer was on. And he was with Genesis during the early years so it makes sense. If you hear Alice in Chains on Classic Rewind that's when you have to worry. :eek:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Yeah I've heard R.E.M. songs off of Monster on Classic Rewind, and that album came out in 1994. Made me feel old...and I'm only 25! But one of the first CD's I ever owned was Monster, and now it's being played on a Classics channel?!?!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
It's scary to see how Classic Rock has expanded into the late 80's and early 90's. When I first started listening to classic rock radio, it ended sometime around the whole Foreigner / Journey / Police years.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Yeah I've heard R.E.M. songs off of Monster on Classic Rewind, and that album came out in 1994. Made me feel old...and I'm only 25! But one of the first CD's I ever owned was Monster, and now it's being played on a Classics channel?!?!

I saw them on that tour, good stuff. Sonic youth was opening the show (they kinda sucked). Who knew it'd be the last tour for Bill Berry (the drummer). I was feeling old when the 'oldies' stations around here started playing Blondie.

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Heck, they have Pink Floyd's "Keep Talking" from The Division Bell ('94?) in regular rotation. Good stuff......I really enjoy 'Classic' Rewind.

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
As long as the present programmers are setting up the playlist there will never be any kind of "format following" being accomplished. These guys are a joke, they play the same artist on 2 different stations many times. What needs to be done is Take Classic Vinyl and Rewind and combine them. This will satisfy the listeners of MTV era music as well as the mellow side of Classic Rock. Name the channel Classic Hits, because thats the majority of the music they play. One hit wonders from artists that are far gone, All Stewart, Gregg Kinn Band Donine Iris, Gregg Murphy. When was the last time you heard 4 or 5 real rocking songs on either of those stations? After they get done with that they can......BRING BACK THE BUZZSAW!!!!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Big Tracks on XM always did 1975 - 1995. Sirius also put some Spin Doctors (1992) on as well. If it widens the playlist without destroying the product I have no objections.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I remember the first time one of our local classic rock stations played 'Devil Went to Georgia' from Charlie Daniels, followed by Jefferson Airplane 'Somebody to Love', I about drove off the road!

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
scary that late 80s/early 90s is quickly becoming "classic"

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Future generations will view Nickelback as Classic Rock... :icon_eek:

I weep for the future.

If future generations have any taste, they will put Nickleback in the same category we put New Kids on The Block -- the crap category.

I heard a Tom Petty song today on Classic Rewind which was from 1994. I know this because it had a ('94) beside the title.