Someone Talk Me Off The Ledge....

Blitz71

Oct 12, 2008
Elizabethtown, PA
www.myspace.com
....Or I might soon jump. My STEELERS are 1-2 and don't seem to be able to play for 60 minutes. They lost two games in a row in a fashion they won games last year. I hope this isn't 2006 all over again.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
They have two Super Bowl victories this decade. Only second to the Patriots. You still have a lot to look forward too. It's early in the season. Give it time :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
....Or I might soon jump. My STEELERS are 1-2 and don't seem to be able to play for 60 minutes. They lost two games in a row in a fashion they won games last year. I hope this isn't 2006 all over again.

Its just 2 games. Plenty of time to recover. Besides, I think they may be missing Paldanado more than they are letting on.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

For some reason, when I saw our coach smiling and laughing on the sideline in the first half upon us leading 13-0, I got a bad feeling. We were looking good but the game had a long way to go.

We still have to feel good because numbers wise our offense and defense shined. We do need Troy back ASAP.

As you said, we need to play 60 FULL minutes because we are champions and teams will be playing us EVERY second of those 60 minutes.

We have SD at home Sunday night.

gosteelers2,

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
The lack of a steady run game is worrisome, but you've still got a lot of talent + better coaching than most teams. Once Polamolu returns, your defense will as well. I think, at worst, the Steelers end up 10-6 and wild card.

Blitz71

Oct 12, 2008
Elizabethtown, PA
www.myspace.com
For some reason, when I saw our coach smiling and laughing on the sideline in the first half upon us leading 13-0, I got a bad feeling. We were looking good but the game had a long way to go.

We still have to feel good because numbers wise our offense and defense shined. We do need Troy back ASAP.

As you said, we need to play 60 FULL minutes because we are champions and teams will be playing us EVERY second of those 60 minutes.

We have SD at home Sunday night.

gosteelers2,

I think our biggest problem, and I'm sure some may not agree, is Arians. At least on the offensive side. The line has played well and has gotten better each game. The o line cant be his excuse anymore. As the line continues to improve, Arians will be exposed as a sub par offensive coordinator. That just my opinion.

The lack of a steady run game is worrisome, but you've still got a lot of talent + better coaching than most teams. Once Polamolu returns, your defense will as well. I think, at worst, the Steelers end up 10-6 and wild card.

I agree. Once Troy returns the defense will improve dramatically.

Reactions: Aaron

builder_j

Dec 2, 2008
Kansas City, MO

At least the Steelers know what it's like to win a game - some of us are still waiting to experience that feeling (congrats to Detroit)...

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Maybe that 'terrible towel' needs a washing? The Titans could help you with that. :rolleyes:

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio

Could be worse...you could be 0 and 3 with a coach that has no clue!

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Ripping out the rear-view mirror
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
By BOB LABRIOLA
Steelers.com

If he was so inclined, Coach Mike Tomlin could spend every hour of every day this week pointing out and working on the things that went wrong in the consecutive losses in Chicago and Cincinnati.

Clearly, Tomlin is not so inclined.

“This is a big week for us coming off two very big road losses,†said Tomlin at the opening of his weekly news conference on Tuesday. “I am not even going to attempt to make any explanations or excuses for the results of those games. It’s often said – probably too often in our business – that it is what it is. That being said, I am excited about what I can control, which is our preparation, and ultimately, our play this week against the San Diego Chargers.â€

The reality of life in the NFL is that games are won and lost based on the outcome of maybe a handful of the 120-plus snaps over the course of four quarters, but it’s also true that a victory can mask the very deficiencies that become focal points after a loss.

A lot of the things that have dogged the team the last two weeks also were present in the opener against Tennessee, but they weren’t an issue then because the Steelers managed to win that game in overtime.

So rather than dwell on why the defense has allowed long second-half scoring drives in the two losses, or why the offense managed only one first down in the fourth quarter in Cincinnati, Tomlin will have the Steelers working on doing what’s necessary to defeat the Chargers this Sunday night.

“I believe that (the issues are manageable), but at the same time, I’m not going to pretend they are going to fix themselves,†said Tomlin. “How you fix it is you go out and win football games. If we do that, this will become a distant, miserable moment, if you will. If we don’t, this (losing) will continue. That is the story of the NFL.

“From my standpoint, truth be known, how I approach this week is no different than any other. I am all-in on a weekly basis. We have some work to do and we have a top-quality, familiar opponent coming in here that is a playoff-caliber team, and has been one perennially. We respect that, and we are excited about doing it back at Heinz Field in front of our fans.â€

Official site of the Pittsburgh Steelers - Article

Dec 26, 2008
Listen to me VERY, VERY carefully. I'm a die hard Redskins fan. You could be here in DC, living and breathing Redskins footba.....Damn....Move over. I'm jumping with you!