Some resolution regarding existing customer new 128k feed.

bmf795

Mar 24, 2009
After reading the info contained on this forum I got a little upset :bigahh: and made a call to Sirius. Thank you:bow: to those that took the time to post with their results. I am copying this from my post on avs forums.

I extended my subscription for 12 months on 3-11. I normally use yahoo widgets but have tried the online player to confirm if I was receiving the 128k stream. Still receiving the 32k stream.

Long story short, after 45 minutes(actually quick because it has taken me 30 mins to get a heartbeat on the phone) I have talked to three people and received the following info:

1. We have having issues with the stream. Since Sirius's website gives you the ability to upgrade to 128k, I asked for a credit to upgrade. I was put on hold so the CSR could check on that. After being put on hold, I never spoke to him again as CSR #2 picked up having no idea what was going on.

2. Your account was locked in before the 128k stream was standard. You will have to pay $2.99 plus tax for the 128K stream. I immediately asked for a supervisor. I didn't let him put me on hold since I didn't want to start over with another CSR.

3. The "floor supervisor" came online and stated that Sirius is having technical issues converting existing members to the 128k stream. He stated that there is not an estimated time that Sirius knows when existing customer will receive the 128k stream. I exclaimed that felt like I had been used in a bait and switch because I was told I would receive the 128k stream if I locked in my commitment for at least a year. After a back and forth, I asked to speak to his supervisor. I was told that he doesn't have a supervisor working at that time and that he was it. I was welcome to write a letter to corporate. I was told several times that I would not receive the upgraded signal until they worked out the issues.

I asked if I could receive a credit for the 128k stream and if credited I would then sign up for the 128k feed. DENIED. After some more back and forth, I asked for a one month credit so Sirius could fix their issues. I was put on hold after the "Supervisor" promised not to hang up on me. He came back and charged me $1.88 for the premium service and gave me a $2 credit. He stated that I would need to call back and cancel the premium service on 4-24. I asked for more credit since the 30 day amount is supposed to be $2.99 and figured that I would be charged more at a later time. He then credited me for another $3.08.

At that point, he stated that he was given a date of 4-28-09 that Sirius believes that this issue will be resolved and that hopefully all online listeners will be receiving the 128k feed. I didn't have to change the player, just click on the premium feed button on the player. The quality is noticeable.

I hope that all that falls into the same category as mine calls Sirius and pushes the issue as I did. I clearly didn't quote everything that was said during the conversation but I did have to push the issue.

It is pathetic that on one phonecall, I was given so many different answers. In regards to my yahoo widget, it is currently working at 32k while the Sirius stream is at 128k.

I will post a copy of my account below showing what was done to my account. Good luck to anyone trying to fix their situation.

Trans
Date
Bill Number Service Description Amount Tax Bill Due Date Balance

3/24/09 Event Adjustment -2.70 -0.38 49.08
3/24/09 Event for Account Adjustment -2.00 0.00 52.16
3/24/09 Sirius Internet Radio HIGHBANDWIDTH 0.00 0.00 3/24/09 54.16
3/24/09 Sirius Internet Radio Plus 1.64 0.24 3/24/09 54.16

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
So in short, I should cancel my premium internet as I will be getting a free 128k stream with my lifetime sub?

I think Sirius is fucked. The free internet should remain the crappy 32k and the 128k should be a premium. This way, I will give them total shit if they bill me another $2.99.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I highly doubt existing lifetime subscribers will be getting the 128k feed. I hope I am wrong, however, and I'll believe it when I see it.

I think the customer service agent may have told bmf795 what he wanted to hear. I still think you'll have to pay for the high bandwidth stream if you want to receive it.

sidney

Mar 30, 2009
If you became a lifetime subscriber before March 11th...

As you know with Sirius, we have two stream options: 32K or 128K.

I received an email on February 3 from Sirius, basically offering me to upgrade to a lifetime subscription. As part of this email clearly says: â€On March 11, 2009…the online listening platform will be upgraded to a higher quality digital audio and no longer included as part of a base subscription at no charge…Just renew your current subscription today and you can continue to enjoy FREE online listening for the length of your subscription.â€

My translation, and what I believe I signed up for, is a lifetime subscription that INCLUDES the 128K stream for no extra charge.

Bull.

I have talked to no less than 12 people at the Sirius call centre, and have had my account bounced back and forth between the 32K and the 128K stream, trying to get the higher quality stream without paying for it.

Today, I was given a $10 credit, and told…

â€As of April 2, there will only be a higher quality stream.â€

It will be interesting to see if I’m going to have to talk to the lucky 13th customer service agent on Thursday.

Also, if you haven't seen this post, check it out: Some "Sirius-ly" Good News | The Satellite Dish | Blog on Multichannel News

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

I received an email on February 3 from Sirius, basically offering me to upgrade to a lifetime subscription. As part of this email clearly says: â€On March 11, 2009…the online listening platform will be upgraded to a higher quality digital audio and no longer included as part of a base subscription at no charge…Just renew your current subscription today and you can continue to enjoy FREE online listening for the length of your subscription.â€

My translation, and what I believe I signed up for, is a lifetime subscription that INCLUDES the 128K stream for no extra charge.

Bull.

I have talked to no less than 12 people at the Sirius call centre, and have had my account bounced back and forth between the 32K and the 128K stream, trying to get the higher quality stream without paying for it.

It will be interesting to see if I’m going to have to talk to the lucky 13th customer service agent on Thursday.

Also, if you haven't seen this post, check it out: Some "Sirius-ly" Good News | The Satellite Dish | Blog on Multichannel News

Great. As of April 2nd, Sirius better not be charging me for my 128k stream since I have lifetime.

The original wording btw implies that you enjoy your free 32k streaming until your renewal.

WERA689

Mar 18, 2009
Thank you for contacting XM.

We are pleased to let you know that we will be able to give you streaming at the rate of 128kbs for the entire length of your existing subscription. Please be aware that when your current subscription expires, the standard rate will apply. In order to do this, a ticket (1-9080592490) will be opened and this service will be available within 7-10 days. You will be contacted via the following telephone number:

sidney

Mar 30, 2009
Siriusly Frustrated with Internet

Bull.

Would anyone be surprised if I told you it never happened...?

I logged in to my Sirius account today to find that I was charged $5.62. So I called customer service again. I was charged for the "premium, CD Quality stream".

Incredible that they have no idea what's going on.

New date for the upgrade to be complete is April 28th.

Don't hold your breath.

totti

Nov 12, 2008
SiriusCountry
You still think this is happening?? I still think $2.99/month = 128k.

I am so confused. I thought i was locking up so i can receive the 128k stream for free rather than paying $2.99/month (sirius was informing me of this deal)...Anyways, i look at my invoice and i was charged the $2.99 and the customer service rep. just told me that i was locking up to keep the 32k online feed for free....what the hell? are they improvising as they go along?

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I don't think that this was ever in the cards. I think there were a few people that wanted to believe it. I also think that there were some mixed signals (including vaguely worded emails from Sirius/XM).

I don't think that they are improvising. There was never an intent to give away the 128k feed for free.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am so confused. I thought i was locking up so i can receive the 128k stream for free rather than paying $2.99/month (sirius was informing me of this deal)...Anyways, i look at my invoice and i was charged the $2.99 and the customer service rep. just told me that i was locking up to keep the 32k online feed for free....what the hell? are they improvising as they go along?

From all the notices I received, and what was posted, it was reasonably clear you were locking into the 32k feed. Unfortunatly, the wording was not 100% clear on Sirius XM's part, and as usual some CSRs were clueless and confused the matter more. But as always, does it make sense that Sirius XM would give away something for nothing?

That said, $2.99/mo is so worth the upgrade.

sgip2000

Oct 16, 2008
Hillsboro, OR
I recall receiving e-mails stating that the online service was being "upgraded" and to continue receiving it for free, to lock in by March 11.

Still waiting for the "upgrade".

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I recall receiving e-mails stating that the online service was being "upgraded" and to continue receiving it for free, to lock in by March 11.

Still waiting for the "upgrade".

Yes, but if you look at the spacing and the punctuation closely you will see that is not really what they are saying.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Their definition of 'upgrade' happens to differ from your definition.

No. They say they are upgrading the feed and it will no longer be included free of charge. Then they say to keep it free you need to lock in your subs. They are 2 separate sentences and one does not connect to the other. There is no implication that you will get a free high speed feed if you lock in. I will see if I kept the e-mail tonight and will repost it. It is certainly unclear but the intent is clear if you look at it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Fortunatly the e-mail was posted earlier in this thread:

On March 11, 2009…the online listening platform will be upgraded to a higher quality digital audio and no longer included as part of a base subscription at no charge…Just renew your current subscription today and you can continue to enjoy FREE online listening for the length of your subscription.

There are 2 sentenses there, the first in red the second in blue. The first states they are upgrading their stream and it will no longer be included in the base subscription. The blue sentence independently says if you want to continue to enjoy free online listening you need to extend your subscription. It does not say you will be enjoying the upgraded stream. Certainly upon quick read, one may come to that conclusion but it would be incorrect. The wording of the e-mail certainly is not as clear as it should be but it does not promise something for nothing.