Some people say Sirius XM will die tomorrow...

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
That's good. Liberty will allow Sirius XM to avoid bankruptcy and is more likely to allow Sirius-XM to carry on exactly as it is doing now than Echostar would be. We would be in BIG trouble if Echostar and that asshat Charlie Ergan ever got ahold of the company- I'm glad that's looking unlikely now!

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Additional details include Liberty investing into Sirius XM in two periods along with Liberty taking half of the company.

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
I siriusly :) hope this happens. I just heard about this on my local news here in Denver.

I've been waiting to hear how this is going to go before I get XM added to my Pioneer car stereo. Now I may go buy it tonight.

Oh and they better get rid of Mel.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Some of these posts are down right funny. In a way Sirius/XM is too big to fail or Liberty and Orbitcast would have so much interest. Change who's in charge, but don't mess with my service and I'll be happy.

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
...and go off the air for good. Is there actually a good chance of that?
What people are saying this?? I've heard NO reports of SIRIUS XM closing their doors, even if they were to declare chapter 11 bankruptcy. Anybody spewing lies of them going "off the air for good" tomorrow are either uninformed, malicious...or both.

Worse come to worse, SIRIUS XM would not be closing up shop tomorrow. And best come to best (i.e., Liberty/Echostar intervening), they still have a steep hill to climb and are NO WHERE out of the woods...and could still file for bankruptcy down the road.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I agree and it is not official yet , but once this deal is done I wonder if Direct TV subscribers will get more Sirius XM channels.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Chapter 7 is still within the realm of possibility. But it's less likely than ever now.
Posted via Mobile Device

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I like CNN overall, but Lou Dobbs is known for being over zealous in his reporting. He is one of the biggest drama kings on TV.

Sat Radio isn't going dark anytime soon even in a worse case scenario. Oh Such Drama!

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
SiriusXM really needs to press release something to counteract all this. As bad as things are now for adding subs all this negative press has to killing them.