Some people dont like the grateful dead channel...

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
But I love it. Right now as I write this I am listening to a Ratdog concert which they will play it all from 11-9-08. THATS JUST yesterday. Here are the details. What a channel!

Ratdog Concert Rebroadcast
Tonight 9:00 pm ET
On November 9, The Grateful Dead Channel broadcast a live concert by Bob Weir and Ratdog from Bridgeport, Connecticut. If you missed it, be sure to catch the rebroadcast.

Rebroadcast: Weds., Nov. 12th @ 3 am ET; Fri., Nov. 14th @ 9 pm ET; Sat., Nov. 15th @ 12 pm ET; Sun., Nov. 16th @ 9 pm ET.

And Mr idratherbeskiing can stick it. You publicly denounce GD channel. I therefore publicly will praise it!!!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
And I shouldn't say this, because I've complained enough about losing my favorite channel, The Bridge... but I am loving Led Zeppelin Radio. :buttrock:

Not a fan of the Grateful Dead however.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well I've never cared for them and I darn sure don't care for them now especially because they took the Bridge out to put them on the service. I'd much rather have the Bridge.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I don't usually tune in either.
They didn't decriminalize marijuana here in Ohio. . . . . but I'm willing to travel. . . .

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Sucks. I'd listen to elvis....oh god THEY BOTH SUCK....but Backspin had to go.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
I don't think it's that people don't like THAT channel per say, I think most just hate the dedicated artist channels in general

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I don't think it's that people don't like THAT channel per say, I think most just hate the dedicated artist channels in general

I agree. Maybe I get Elvis because I can imagine there are maniacs that only listen to that (Stern has claimed he met someone that only has Sirius for that station) but all these artist only channels for white rock artists when "mixed" genres get the short shift (disco and old school rap) really sucks! Those channels got to go!

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Right! I like the idea of an AC/DC channel more than the actual thing...same with the Zep!

petteri

Oct 12, 2008
For Dead fans this channel is a godsend! It really is a well programmed channel with a ton of great specials, concerts, interviews and more! The programming is never stale and goes through the entire Dead catalogue. They brought in some great talent to run this channel and it shows. Thanks Sirius!

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
For Dead fans this channel is a godsend! It really is a well programmed channel with a ton of great specials, concerts, interviews and more! The programming is never stale and goes through the entire Dead catalogue. They brought in some great talent to run this channel and it shows. Thanks Sirius!

I agree with the above. The thing about the dead is that you can hear the same song more than once but it's different every time. Take the concerts for example, it matters what they play before and after a particular song and that makes the song different. Not to mention the jams which are never the same. Long live this channel!