Software that allows me to pause Sirius stream?

MaxPower49

Apr 7, 2009
Is there any software available that will allow me to pause/buffer the Sirius internet streams?

I have heard that Replay AV will allow you to record it, but I would prefer to listen live and just pause and start playback as needed. Any ideas?

Thanks!

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I wish Sirius had something where you could verify your information when signing in every day that would eliminate the 1.5 hour "Are you listening" check.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Could you use ReplayAV to record and listen to the recording about 10 seconds behind live and just pause your listening software when you want?

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
After installing both programs, put in your username and password in the uSIRIUS settings (and check "Default to High Bandwidth" if you have the 128k, if you're using the 32k feed, then uncheck it).

Click Start and once the server reports its running, click URLs and click the Feed tab.

Make sure "All Categories" is selected and click Clipboard and close the windows.

Now for TVersity... Click Settings and it should go to the General tab.

Last setting on that page is Maximum timeshift period... Default is 30 minutes. Change the setting and click Save.

To add SIRIUS to TVersity, click Library, go to Audio RSS, and click Add Item. Paste the URL that uSIRIUS generated into the Audio RSS field, use title to name it "SIRIUS Satellite Radio" or however you want to word it and click Submit.

Finally, click Refresh Item(s).

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
Could you use ReplayAV to record and listen to the recording about 10 seconds behind live and just pause your listening software when you want?

Nope. You can only listen to it after Replay AV finishes recording. If you really want you can clip it into short segments to listen sooner, but I just clip the show into one hour blocks and don't mind the delay. I like the fact that it can record multiple shows, both satellite and FM and listen at my leisure while skipping the commercials.

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
After installing both programs, put in your username and password in the uSIRIUS settings (and check "Default to High Bandwidth" if you have the 128k, if you're using the 32k feed, then uncheck it).

Click Start and once the server reports its running, click URLs and click the Feed tab.

Make sure "All Categories" is selected and click Clipboard and close the windows.

Now for TVersity... Click Settings and it should go to the General tab.

Last setting on that page is Maximum timeshift period... Default is 30 minutes. Change the setting and click Save.

To add SIRIUS to TVersity, click Library, go to Audio RSS, and click Add Item. Paste the URL that uSIRIUS generated into the Audio RSS field, use title to name it "SIRIUS Satellite Radio" or however you want to word it and click Submit.

Finally, click Refresh Item(s).

Appreciate the detailed guide. I have it up and going, but wanted to ask if you are able to use the GUI to select what to listen to or do you always need to go to the website. The documentation on the TVersity site is horrible... Also, it seems like every time I pause it then it goes back to the beginning of the time period. Is this normal?

Last edited: