So what do yall think so far............

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Claire B.'s first night out, what do yall think? I know what you think Mike! Im asking open minded listeners.:Smiley_wink::rofl2:
Its a hell of a lot better than those dam replays!:bigclap:

Cementups

Oct 23, 2008
I heard here interview with the Chef at the Waldorf. Meh :shrug: they could do better

Snafam

Oct 31, 2008
It is hard to tell on a first show, because there were so many "Welcome" "Glad you are here" "We missed you" callers. We will probably hear that all week.

The Waldorf chef thing was ok. Sadly, after hearing Brian France, I made the mistake of sitting down and dozed off while listening to the rest of the show. The only thing I noted was the constant discussion of the 36th floor, and the patting-self-on-back syndrome. It reminded of Matt Yokum & Tony constantly congratulating themselves over the uniqueness of TSL.

She did say she would have another announcement about future Sirius shows, but alluded that she would indeed have her own show after the Champions Week stuff that she is doing.

I will try and give the show a good chance. It may well be it is interesting now, but may well wear on me with longevity.

Last edited:

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
I gave her a chance a long time ago LOL. Like I said everything she reports worth listening to( a Waldorf Chef come one) I can find in at least 3 differnt places. She never has any scoops because she wants things confirmed. By then it is no longer news and at least 3 different outlet have reported that news item. Granted that is just her style and there are folks that appreciate that. Also she will will remind you endlessly how hard she works for you and she will repeat herself at least 3 times on almost everything she talks about. I don't mean saying the same thing 3 different ways. I mean repeat herself exactly.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Mike is just worried she is gonna take Moody's job.........:hah:

That wouldnt be a bad thing!:spit:

Every show and host cant be newsbreakers, Mike. Leave that to the untouchable, all knowing, and all of yalls hero..............The Godfather!:rofl2:
She has her niche, she just has to get going and get past this boring banquet crap.

Last edited:

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Moody is not all knowing but he is definately more entertaining. Claire can't touch Moody as far as being a show host. I give credit where credit is due, Claire is a good reporter but not a show host.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Also she will will remind you endlessly how hard she works for you and she will repeat herself at least 3 times on almost everything she talks about. I don't mean saying the same thing 3 different ways. I mean repeat herself exactly.

I work with people who do that all day, everyday!!! So if she does that only once a week or a few hours a week, I can handle that. :Smiley_wink:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
It's great that people on the west coast get live programming up until 8pm. It's something that is needed badly. I'm sure new members to the NASCAR Radio Nation will like Claire...:)

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
The show is pretty much the same as I remember it from a few years ago. I liked it then and I'm glad to see that she's come to SIRIUS. :yesshake:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I may have to rethink my previous post......

Sirius FINALLY has the Zeppelin channel. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :yesshake:

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
I really hope that it eventually works into a daytime gig, I like her show a lot and it's much more informative than the mid day show is now. I get real sick of listening to callers, at least she brings some news instead of a million stupid opinions about how to fix NASCAR. I enjoy all the shows but they are much more enjoyable when there is someone (driver, crew member, official) on the line than they are with Joe Blow bringing his top 35 fix or his opinion on Junior's attitude toward his crew chief.
If there was more of the real content (as Claire has) and less of the call in, the callers would have more time to listen, get educated and better informed, as opposed to calling in and asking repetitive questions and repeating different ways to fix something all day long.
I guess some folks like to hear themselves on the radio, and others are probably in awe of the hosts and being able to talk to them. I just think the shows are much more entertaining when the hosts are either talking to someone that knows something or talking and joking amongst themselves.
Clair B. and Dave Moody are both quite good at that, the others are mostly good at taking calls and listening to opinions.
I think there is room for all of them, but some of the shows could stand to be much shorter than they are now and they could stand to take fewer calls.
Just my opinion, but I think she's going to be a big asset to the channel!

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I agree about too many callers. No need for a call in show from 6am until 6pm, with only different names. Post's endless sucking up to Hendrick today about made me sick. If not for a presidential pardon, Rick might not be in the position to tell congress to kiss his butt.