So today they pretty much confirmed a three day work week?

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I heard part of the Wrap up show and they were talking about this. So Howar'd schedule would be Tues, Wed. and Thursday and less hours a day?

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I heard part of the Wrap up show and they were talking about this. So Howar'd schedule would be Tues, Wed. and Thursday and less hours a day?
They better start developing shows on the channel that will keep people around, or they will take a major hit. People are already tired of Howard perceived lack of enthusiasm and effort.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
If Sirius thinks the argument "there's plenty of other stuff to listen to" is going to keep people around after Howard leaves, they're crazy. Especially when they're treating those "other shows" like shit.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Did Howard really say there was a personel problem going on and that there was another problem that would need to be settled in court?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I would be ok with three days a week because that is better than no Howard at all but three days a week would have to be THREE days a week and 10 weeks of vacation with only working three days a week would be lousy.

Also, I almost crashed my car (not really) when Ralphed called into the wrap up show today and said that howard needs more vacation time in his new contract, if he were to have one. More than 10 weeks???

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
If Howard is on free radio or any kind of FREE service, he can work as little as he wants but I like to listen to the show as I go to work and three days a week is nothing. If you think it's bad now imagine if he's doing on three days.

I don't like the idea and I hope it ain't true. I sure as hell won't pay for a guy to be lazy and do three days a week half-assed.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
If Howard is on free radio or any kind of FREE service, he can work as little as he wants but I like to listen to the show as I go to work and three days a week is nothing. If you think it's bad now imagine if he's doing on three days.

I don't like the idea and I hope it ain't true. I sure as hell won't pay for a guy to be lazy and do three days a week half-assed.

I've said this about the vacation and the 4 day work week. If they're willing to pay him for that I'm not going to be pissed at Howard. Shit, if my work would pay me what I make now for 3 days work I'd do it.

I'm not here just for Howard though so its easy for me to say this.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Whoa, nothing was confirmed today on the WUS. As usual, Baba Booey was talking out of his ass with a What-If based on office speculation.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Ok I just listened to the first hour Howard said there was a personel problem. No doubt it's Opie and Anthony. He's angry he can't shut them up like he did back at Krock. What a pussy. No wonder he won't talk about it on the air. The fans would see would a hypocrite he is.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
They better start developing shows on the channel that will keep people around, or they will take a major hit. People are already tired of Howard perceived lack of enthusiasm and effort.

I wonder how much money he wants for his next contract......

as for other shows, I'm sure miserable men are chomping @ the bit of getting potentially more airtime.

but the only thing I care about is them getting bubba back on as a satellite exclusive and uncesored.

hell, 5 days of uncensored bubba along with 3 days of howard is better than what we're getting right now actually.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Ok I just listened to the first hour Howard said there was a personel problem. No doubt it's Opie and Anthony. He's angry he can't shut them up like he did back at Krock. What a pussy. No wonder he won't talk about it on the air. The fans would see would a hypocrite he is.

This has nothing to do with O&A.

And where was this confirmed about 3 days per week? Maybe I missed the talk about it.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I wonder how much money he wants for his next contract......

as for other shows, I'm sure miserable men are chomping @ the bit of getting potentially more airtime.

but the only thing I care about is them getting bubba back on as a satellite exclusive and uncesored.

hell, 5 days of uncensored bubba along with 3 days of howard is better than what we're getting right now actually.
I think he should do his show on his own and podcast it, stream it live, while cutting a deal with Sirius XM to air it live. I still don't have any faith in Sirius XM bringing him back exclusively.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com

And where was this confirmed about 3 days per week? Maybe I missed the talk about it.
It was more of a "what if?" scenario. But it's no secret Howard wants to wind it down.

If you ask me, I bet he'll take a pay cut, and do less shows and pursue other things in his free time, maybe other projects.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008

It's more about Oprah, and others, I'm sure. Howard is the red-headed step-child and is tired of it.

As for 3 days, they didn't confirm anything - it was just talk...

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I've got to believe that "legal issue" is that his show is available on the new SkyDock. The reason he gave for not being on the iPhone app was a "contractual issue".
Oh wow, I didn't even think about that. It still pisses me off he may be holding out on the iPhone app. How much money does he need?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
It doesn't have to do with O&A? How do you know?

Listen o the Wrap Up show, they pretty much say he wants to do three days.

Howard doesn't pay O&A any attention and they haven't been doing anything to Howard. By what Howard has been saying his issue isn't with other talent, he keeps focusing on the fact that some in management may be bowing down to those who don't hold the company up.

O&A have brought in subs no doubt. Oprah is on Howards radar especially after her visit a few months ago. He's also had issues with the Rosie situation and the fact that he wasn't consulted on her program. I haven't heard Howard talk about O&A in a long long time.