So, SatRad will have at least 1 listener in the Arbitrons

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Doing the diary thing this week. It will be mostly Stern, Bubber and WUS in the diary, though which I why I posted this here. :)

With the weekend coming up, though, some of the music channels will most likely sneak in, as well. Wonder if the combo of Liquid Metal and 1st Wave will confuse them at all.

Anyone else ever do the Arbitron diary while having SatRad?

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Yes. I did, and it was before Satellite Radio was an official option. I just manually wrote in "Sirius Satellite Radio" and then the channel.

Enjoy the $1! Don't spend it all in one place. :D

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
They actually list it as an option now, showing you how to enter it in the diary. This includes any internet radio too (though I'm not sure they are counting internet-only things like Pandora).

They've upped the payouts, too - I'm already about $12 ahead and will get another $10 for returning the diary. They sent me $5 to try to get me to call them and register. The next day, *they* called *me*, and sent me another $5 for signing up. Not sure if I double-dipped there on an error they made or if that's normal, but hey, I'm not complaining. Oh, and $2 comes with the diary, too.

Actually, Mrs. jef is filling one out, too, but she doesn't listen as much as I do at the moment. Maybe she can represent the Red Dragons contingent. :p

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yes. I did, and it was before Satellite Radio was an official option. I just manually wrote in "Sirius Satellite Radio" and then the channel.

Enjoy the $1! Don't spend it all in one place. :D

That's what I had to do - write in.

It was a while ago though.
Posted via Mobile Device

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Wish I could do one of those.

Seems pretty neat.

How many does 1 Arbitron report represent again? 1 million?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
They've upped the payouts, too - I'm already about $12 ahead and will get another $10 for returning the diary. They sent me $5 to try to get me to call them and register. The next day, *they* called *me*, and sent me another $5 for signing up. Not sure if I double-dipped there on an error they made or if that's normal, but hey, I'm not complaining. Oh, and $2 comes with the diary, too.

Not too bad! :)

$12 here, $10 there and another $5. It easily translates into free Sirius XM programming. :)

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I did Arbitron back in '04. I wrote in all the XM Channels I listened to at the time. They gave me $7! :D

This was before I think they cared about satellite radio. They never asked me to do it again :worried:

I'd love to do it again, but with all the advances in technology, they should have something better then writing in a diary & mailing it back.

The internet & mobiles phone should eliminate that :right:
Posted via Mobile Device

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The internet & mobiles phone should eliminate that :right:
Posted via Mobile Device

funny-pictures-stalker-cat-is-watching-you.jpg

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
This would be the second thing I've done for them. Sometime within the past year or so, they sent me a small survey in the mail. It wasn't a diary, but more of a short questionnaire to answer, along with a couple of bucks. Didn't hear a thing again until last week.

According to the inserts they include, it's probable that you may never hear from them again, but I'm guessing the initial survey gives them a pool of people to draw on for full-blown diary willy.

It's pretty cool, since going way back, my B.A. is in Advertising. So ratings are something about which I learned more than I care to remember. I almost took part in the Nielsen's back in 1998, but the box they had that hooked up to my Dish Network receiver at the time caused some unacceptable interference. It was a bit too much to deal with, so I had them yank it out.

Oh, and Arbitron will notice a sudden dropoff in my listening just as The Stupid Fan Crap Table came on. :)