So predictable (Nationwide Finish tonight)

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
When something goes wrong for Kyle you can always guarantee he is going to storm off in his little fit. I know I get it, it has to be hard to lead almost all the laps and finish where he did but grow up.... He is the only one that does this race in and race out most times... He has great passion I will give him that but he is so predictable it isn't even funny..:bigahh:

Sorry rant over.. :tapedshut:

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
3 laps to go (green, white, checker) he gets a right rear flat and has to pit from leading the race... Finished 16th... And you can guess from what I said happened from there.. lmao Like I said so predictable!!! lol

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
anyone else would have been all giggles and grins about it.

LOL. Yeah, it's too bad he's not like Jimmie or so many other drivers and just be happy and say all the right things. :p

I like the fire in the belly. (At this point I could make the usual comparisons with a certain other driver but....I won't.... ;) )

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I would imagine it will be the same story tonight if he does badly.. Hope he doesn't though to be honest he is in my picks.. lol Was lastnight too.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
For some reason, maybe because it's Darlington, I don't see Kyle winning tonight. Who knows? It's a tough place to win once much less back to back.

Looking forward to the race though.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Why can't that ever happen to Kyle on the Sprint Cup side... Can't say I like the guy who won either... Two of my very least favorite drivers right there:thumbsdown:

Jager

Nov 16, 2008
Virginia
Looks like Kyle got the attention SceneDaily.com writer Jeff Gluck

An open letter to Kyle Busch:

Dear Kyle,

Hey man. Tough weekend, huh? You dominated the Nationwide Series race at Darlington but lost it on an unlucky flat tire, then slammed the wall in the Sprint Cup race and finished many laps down.

Well, you know what they say: You can’t win ‘em all.

On second thought, maybe you’ve never heard that expression before. You certainly don’t act as if you have.

After the Nationwide race, you did that thing where you scowl and walk really fast and ignore reporters when they try to ask you for your reaction to what happened. You know what I’m talking about.

Then after you hit the wall in the Sprint Cup race, you refused to come out of your hauler for 45 minutes and talk to the waiting media and eventually offered just 15 words before getting back in your damaged car to finish the race.

Look, everyone knows you’re competitive and passionate about racing. And, no doubt, that fire helps you win races.

I’ve already gone on the record as saying I think you’ll eventually go down as the greatest driver in history when your career is finished. A ton of people think you have the best talent in the garage.

But you have become by far the worst loser in NASCAR. It’s no wonder fans have such a hard time rooting for you.

See, here’s the thing: When you win, you show a great deal of personality. You can be funny, engaging, interesting and entertaining. And you win so often, you’d think that you would learn how to take the bad times with the good times.

The problem is, there’s no in-between with you. If you don’t win, you often act like a child who didn’t get his way. People don’t like that, Kyle.

I heard your apologist Darrell Waltrip say the other day that you like winning more than anyone and hate losing more than anyone.

Uh, no. That’s pretty silly, actually. Other drivers despise losing, too. But most of them act like men and face the music when they have bad days.

We all have bad days, Kyle, but that doesn’t give us a license to behave badly. I don’t know if you realize this, but outside of the racing world, a lot of people – many NASCAR fans – have very difficult, high-stress jobs in which every day is not a victory. But that’s life – you have to go through adversity and learn how to deal with the down times.

And, dude, your down times aren’t even that bad. You storm off and refuse to talk when you have a bad finish, but at the end of the day you still fly home on a private jet to your lakeside mansion filled with expensive toys. How about a reality check?

Look, it might be understandable if you acted poorly after enduring weeks of frustration or something like that. But when you sweep the weekend at Richmond and then act as if it’s the end of the world because you didn’t win the very next week, that’s a problem.

Maybe you have too many enablers around you, Kyle. People let you get away with your bad behavior and don’t call you out on it or make you take responsibility for your actions. They make excuses for you and say, “Well, that’s just Kyle.â€

I’m sure that makes things easier for you, because you never have to apologize and are allowed to just move on as if nothing ever happened. But Kyle, it sure doesn’t win you many friends. And the sad thing is, I think there are a lot of fans who actually want to like you. You just turn them off by being such a sour jerk.

What’s amazing about this whole thing is you could easily start to change your image by taking 30 seconds, answering two questions from reporters about what happened in the race – thereby sending a message to both the media and fans that you’re capable of dealing with defeat. It might require a deep breath and some self-discipline, but it’s not as if people are asking you to stand on the front lines in Afghanistan or anything.

I know there are good people giving you advice, the ones who understand how much you continually damage your image. Do yourself a favor and listen to them, Kyle. And aside from just your popularity, it wouldn’t hurt to try and be a better person in general.

Sincerely,

Jeff Gluck

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Thats exellent.

I dont really mind the scowling, the huffing and puffing, the snarling to reporters. What I hate is how he takes it out on the crew by making them clean up his mess. Parking his car god knows where is such a slap in the face to the people who prepare you fast cars.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I think that's a good open letter. It sure would help if he just played along....played the game. It's also NOT a good idea to snub the press either because they WILL hold a grudge. The press, in general, act like little babies themselves. It's just that they hardly ever get called on it because they do their work behind the scenes. Hit and run.

And even with me being a fan and all, even I get tired of DW's blabber at times.