So it's all going down Nov 5th?

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I guess right after the election, people around here will have another topic on their mind. Anyone know if that will be the date when they start Christmas music, or will it be right after Halloween?

Last edited:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
It appears that November 15 - 17 is now when the changes will occur. *

Still no word on when the Christmas music will start. XM is saying "November", but exactly when is anybody's guess.

I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement of the new channel line-up. Not sure if I will be happy with the results, but I'm ready to know.
Please keep The Bridge and Movin' Easy... That's what I'm hoping for! :)

* http://www.orbitcast.com/

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
Hi Aaron, I'm really glade to see that you and your family made it thru the Hurricane Season !!

I so totally agree with you about the new line up -

Hopefully we will all get to hear what we enjoy

diane ;)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I know the XM'ers won't like this very much, but the sooner the better. I am ready for this thing to settle out so we can all kind of know what to do in regards to our subscriptions, which tuners to keep or get rid of etc.

I still do not think these changes are going to be as bad as many have made them out to be. But we'll see!

Ziggae_6

Oct 27, 2008
Louisville, KY
I know the XM'ers won't like this very much, but the sooner the better. I am ready for this thing to settle out so we can all kind of know what to do in regards to our subscriptions, which tuners to keep or get rid of etc.

I still do not think these changes are going to be as bad as many have made them out to be. But we'll see!

I am keeping an open mind. Its funny because I already like the Sirius Xm Reggae channel more than I liked the old reggae at XM and they switched over before I knew about the other changes that are going to happen. Definitely a better playlist and more Bob Marley.

SatRadioRules

Oct 21, 2008
My guess is that there is a larger plan in place, but we will only get some of it in November, and then they will ease us into the others. With so many Sirius execs in charge of music, I think that the XMers have more to fear. With each consolidation, I'll have to decide what to do. Interesting times ahead, my friends, interesting times ahead...

WACF

Oct 28, 2008
Canadian Prairies
I think there is a larger plan in place too.

I heard Eddie Trunk on Farrell's show last night mention that his show will be on both services...nothing new there...he has said that before.

The interesting thing is he said it would happen in January.

Keeping Trunk's show was smart....that is by far my favorite 4 hours on The BoneYard...

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My guess is that there is a larger plan in place, but we will only get some of it in November, and then they will ease us into the others.

Honestly, I hope that isn't the plan. They need to go ahead and just drop the hammer and get it done. Rolling it out in stages just tends to keep people stirred up.

I think the very reason they put the roll out off by 2 weeks is because they do want to get it all done.

I am hearing some under rumblings that it seems like many of the channels will including programming from both sides incorporated into a single channel. I hope this is true and like we've already said along with deeper playlist. I think if they do this both sides will be happy.

I was reading on XMFan tonight and my GOD it seems no matter what they do the folks over their just moan and whine constantly. I've never seen the likes of it.

WACF

Oct 28, 2008
Canadian Prairies
Honestly, I hope that isn't the plan. They need to go ahead and just drop the hammer and get it done. Rolling it out in stages just tends to keep people stirred up.

I think the very reason they put the roll out off by 2 weeks is because they do want to get it all done.

I am hearing some under rumblings that it seems like many of the channels will including programming from both sides incorporated into a single channel. I hope this is true and like we've already said along with deeper playlist. I think if they do this both sides will be happy.

I was reading on XMFan tonight and my GOD it seems no matter what they do the folks over their just moan and whine constantly. I've never seen the likes of it.

You just gotta realize...for some of us...we are witnessing the death of what we paid money for and became very attached too.

To have some hosts axed and program directors tossed...it creates uncertainty.
We do not know what we may end up with.
It is win win for me in my wife's van if Sirius goes deeper...but it is lose lose for me if XM gets shallower...I chose XM over Sirius for a reason.

But...I have both and they are both better than terrestrial...at least here anyways.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
You just gotta realize...for some of us...we are witnessing the death of what we paid money for and became very attached too.

Believe me being a dual subscriber for going on 7 years, I understand. The point of my having a dual sub is because there times and channels on Sirius that I liked and by the same token there was channels and programs on XM that I liked. I particularly liked the differences in programming philosophies. But I also understand that the likelihood of these companies surviving without a merger was pretty slim. So, yes there will be some major changes, this was to be expected.

I still say they need to go ahead make the changes and be done with it. Don't dink around with it. Again I feel that for most it would be better to wake up one morning and all the changes are made then we can decide if Sat Radio is still for worth it or not. If it is then GREAT if it isn't we can do whatever they need to rid my self of it and move on to something else. Slacker appears to be a GREAT alternative.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Believe me being a dual subscriber for going on 7 years, I understand. The point of my having a dual sub is because there times and channels on Sirius that I liked and by the same token there was channels and programs on XM that I liked. I particularly liked the differences in programming philosophies. But I also understand that the likelihood of these companies surviving without a merger was pretty slim. So, yes there will be some major changes, this was to be expected.

I still say they need to go ahead make the changes and be done with it. Don't dink around with it. Again I feel that for most it would be better to wake up one morning and all the changes are made then we can decide if Sat Radio is still for worth it or not. If it is then GREAT if it isn't we can do whatever they need to rid my self of it and move on to something else. Slacker appears to be a GREAT alternative.

I agree completely. Just finish it so we know what we have.

SISO

Oct 11, 2008
Well, if they don't announce the changes soon it may not happen in November. They NEED to let us know soon!!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My understanding is due to holiday promos it has to happen this month. Sirius never announces stuff with any kind of leeway. They are idiots!

They will probably do it and then announce it the next week! GEEZ!

SatRadioRules

Oct 21, 2008

...and if you post anything, they bite your head off and spit it out...what's up with those guys?

With regard to the channel changes, I hope they leave MY stations alone....then again, we all feel that way! Anxiously waiting...

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
...and if you post anything, they bite your head off and spit it out...what's up with those guys?

With regard to the channel changes, I hope they leave MY stations alone....then again, we all feel that way! Anxiously waiting...
That's only a select few....who think they are bigger than the community. Just ignore them.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

That's only a select few....who think they are bigger than the community. Just ignore them.

Well it seems like a clan of folks that seem to feel they are bigger than the community and because it is allowed to go unchecked, it turns many people off.

You would think Sirius and XM are still totally separate companies they way many of them act.

I am just glad we have this community and we don't have to deal with that.