So how many...

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
...of you locked in your subscription for longer or went all out with the lifetime? Funding through 2012, I'm debating on the lifetime...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have changed nothing. I was debating switching to month to month on my family plans but I will leave them on 3 moths.

I may switch to an XM lifetime instead of the 3 year renewal on my main radio.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Honestly, the way my radios have crapped out, i'm glad I didn't get the lifetime.

I believe they may have an offer now where you can pay $75 to transfer your lifetime up to three different radios.

At least with the monthly or yearly plans, it doesn't cost anything to transfer.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Honestly, the way my radios have crapped out, i'm glad I didn't get the lifetime.

I believe they may have an offer now where you can pay $75 to transfer your lifetime up to three different radios.

At least with the monthly or yearly plans, it doesn't cost anything to transfer.

$15 transfer fee unless you can convince the CSR to waive it. Does anyone know if this is just Sirius or does XM do this too?

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Put all my eggs in one basket with a new SL100 and a lifetime two months ago. Three more monthly installments and my payments will be history. The free 32k stream suits my needs at home just fine. All will agree that a lot of things will change between now and 2012.

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
I think I'm going to drop my XM Subscription on my Inno 2. I'm going to keep my SL-100 active for now. I think it runs on a 3 month cycle. I also have the premium streaming already, even though it doesn't work on my SL-100 (I get the 32k stream only, and Sirius seems to not care enough to help me fix it) and I'm not sure if I'll add Best of XM to it or not...

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008
Waiting till early March before I do anything.... might cancel 1 or 2 radios. The music programming just doesnt compel me to keep listening.

Slacker might be a better investment for MUSIC at this point, obviously not talk.

satrad65

Oct 14, 2008
Georgia
I might opt for the lifetime next month; The music programming compels me to keep listening.
Slacker has never been an alternative for my listening habits.

bigdaddyII

Oct 13, 2008
Southern Louisiana
Agree with satrad65. I enjoy a healthy dose of talk and news channels on my hour and a half commute twice daily which other alternatives dont offer. The next best alternative would be testicle radio. I also never bought into the ipod/ mp3 player craze either. I can just burn a cd for preprogrammed music. I went ahead and re uped for 2 years on both my radios to avoid the price hike coming next month and keep the internet radio free. I guess I will just end up shelling out the extra in a couple years but at least I dont have to worry about it for a while.

sgip2000

Oct 16, 2008
Hillsboro, OR
With the monthly charge at $12.95/mo and a lifetime at $399, it would take about 31 months to break even. That's only about 2.5 years.

And if you have additional radios, you can calculate the difference with those based on the new price increase to make your "break even" date even sooner.

I went for the lifetime.