So here's the real question. Will artie succeed after the Stern show ends?

Will Artie find showbiz success after Stern is done for good?

• Total voters

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
so far no one other than stuttering john and eli roth have managed to do so, but maybe the fat man will. I personally do not think so. he will no longer get the 80 g's a show, and even at the height of stern show popularity, he still is not a major force on tv or @ the movies yet. and to be brutally honest, his standup is below average IMO. no wonder the hack pack resents him. like yucko and bob levy. even respected comedians like colin quinn and dave attell are probably still scratching their head in amazement that artie has been so lucky to get the stern gig.

Reactions: jamesp717

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I think he'll end up somewhere in between the two options.
Hopefully he has put away a lot of his stand up cash.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Lets see, with a reason to get out of bed in the morning he still calls in late and sick more often the the average bear.

So without a job I vote he crashes and burns within weeks or months of the final show if he even makes it to the final show. The pressure of a future without Howard might have him doing smack double time. JMO

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Lets see, with a reason to get out of bed in the morning he still calls in late and sick more often the the average bear.

So without a job I vote he crashes and burns within weeks or months of the final show if he even makes it to the final show. The pressure of a future without Howard might have him doing smack double time. JMO

I think I would be the same way. If I didn't have a job, I would do nothing but sit around and drink beer.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Something has definitely changed with Artie and Howard or with Sirius in general over the past few weeks. Something behind the scenes must have been discussed or said to Artie.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Considering he's making $80k for a show, seems to me that he could bank 20 shows and live quite comfortably for 10 years. I know that I could live off $160k/year quite easily.

Oh so could I. But a lot of these famous people tend to get used to a certin life style and tend to try and keep it up even after the work dries up.
Honestly, I hope he proves us all wrong and continues to be successful after the show ends.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Something has definitely changed with Artie and Howard or with Sirius in general over the past few weeks. Something behind the scenes must have been discussed or said to Artie.

artie mentioned on TWUS today that howard told him to tone it down a couple weeks ago cuz he was being to overpowering on the show.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
as maryanne would put it "you're nothing without howard"

I don't think he had much of a career before howard, and he won't have much after. Lets wait and see how beer league II is, beer league was such a great movie :lol:

Reactions: jamesp717

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I say that Artie will make it ok.

He knows and has said a zillion times that the only reason he is THIS successful is due to the Stern Show.

But, he did have a career with the NORM Show, MADTV and Standup before Howard. He was making 35K per week to be on the NORM show so he was doing well without Stern.

Now he has tons of money from the Show, 80K per night for standup, A NY Times Bestseller, and we know he has received several sitcom offers.

As long as he doesn't REALLY fuck up and burn every bridge, he will be fine.

After last nights Joe Buck, HBO would be insane NOT to offer him something. Artie could easily host a 30 minute show.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
as maryanne would put it "you're nothing without howard"

I don't think he had much of a career before howard, and he won't have much after. Lets wait and see how beer league II is, beer league was such a great movie :lol:

i've yet to see beer league and dirty work. matter of fact, the only two movies I like that artie is in is "old school" and "elf", however, that's hardly due to his 5 lines combined in each of these.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
i've yet to see beer league and dirty work. matter of fact, the only two movies I like that artie is in is "old school" and "elf", however, that's hardly due to his 5 lines combined in each of these.

I love Dirty Work. I also like Beer League, but that's mainly because I'm a huge fan of the Bad News Bears and "get" the Beer League jokes.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I think I would be the same way. If I didn't have a job, I would do nothing but sit around and drink beer.

Thank God for the Military, for more reasons then the obvious.

Hopefully you would pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get it in gear in short order.

Not sensing you have the same work ethic as artie.