1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

so far, great movie!

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDKoopman, Feb 19, 2012.

1. JHDKoopman

JHDKoopman Release Robin's Bra

im about 28 mins into "the iron lady" and im really digging it. so much so i thought i would pause it and post this.

im not the most educated about 70s-80s british politics (so i dont really know how many of the scenes of her as PM and her way up to the top are made up for the film) but this movie has me totally captivated.

if u didnt see it yet, its set in like modern times where maragret is like all demenshia'ed out and has flashbacks to when she was in power. but then when she is in the moment she makes really cool poignant statements.

streep is such a good actress. so far so good. once i finish watching this ill let ya know if my opinion has changed. but for right now, wow!

oh...???...and did this movie miss the oscar window for this year? cause i would have thought it would be up there for best pic based on what i have seen.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

2. Similar Threads: great movie
    Forum Title Date
    The Studio Lounge Great movies that don't get respect?? Dec 22, 2009
    The Studio Lounge Was 1984 the greatest year in movies ever? Aug 22, 2009
    The Studio Lounge Greatest Drummers Of All Time May 2, 2014
    The Studio Lounge My Great Grandmother's Son Died In Ww1. This Is His Last Letter. Apr 29, 2014
    The Studio Lounge Greatest bands. Greatest Live concerts EVER! May 26, 2013

3. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

You do know you are not supposed to be using your cellphones in a movie theatre right? Even for texting.

Glad you are enjoying/enjoyed the movie.
  4. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Moderator

My feminist liberal female friends hated this movie. I don't care for Meryl Streep or Margaret Thatcher, so unless this flick is about Iron Man's 38-DD superhero wife, I'm not even acknowledging its existence.
  5. JHDKoopman

JHDKoopman Release Robin's Bra

haha casual!

saw it all the way through now and it does get a bit long winded at times but its totally worth the watch. very cool flick.