Ok. Wait. Tony have a sponsoreship from Frito~Lay?...:scratch:

I thought that was Boy Wonder?...:right:

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Maybe now that Tony is part of Hendrick Motorsports Lite, he get the benefit of sponsorship from PepsiCo & Yum brands...:)
Posted via Mobile Device

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
chevy had nothing to do with the game as far as i know. i just looked at a pic of the car and i didn't see a coke or pepsi sticker on the car, unless i'm blind.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
from Jayski....

‘Smoke’ Rises from Fiesta Bowl Parade: No passing. That was the only rule Tony Stewart had to abide by in Saturday’s 38th Annual Fort McDowell Fiesta Bowl Parade presented by Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation. Thankfully, the two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion sat far enough away from the steering wheel of a Chevrolet Corvette that he couldn’t break the one rule just days into the New Year. Instead, the driver better known as “Smoke” sat atop the trunk of the Corvette convertible waving to the crowd along the 1.9-mile parade route, dutifully fulfilling one of his primary duties as grand marshal of this year’s Fiesta Bowl, which features a Monday night match-up between the Big Ten’s Ohio State and the Big 12’s University of Texas.
“That was like driver introductions at Indianapolis times 10,” said Stewart, referring to the ritual of riding in the back of a pickup truck around the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway before racing 42 other drivers for 400 miles. “This is a huge event and I’m just honored to be a part of it. It’s pretty cool to sort of venture outside our box a little bit and take in a game of this magnitude. With the racing season being what it is, getting away to see a college football game is kind of tough. When the Fiesta Bowl Committee called and asked if I was interested in being their grand marshal, I said, ‘As long as I get a ticket and a field pass to the game, I’m in.”
Stewart got that and then some. Announcing his presence in the parade were two brightly painted red #14 Chevrolet Impalas. One was emblazoned with Office Depot and the other with Old Spice, his co-primary sponsors for the 2009 racing season – Stewart’s first as a driver/owner with Stewart-Haas Racing, his new home after spending over a decade with Joe Gibbs Racing.
“Being grand marshal was also a great opportunity for our race team,” said Stewart, who is already an accomplished team owner in the U.S. Auto Club (USAC) and the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series, where his teams have won nine championships – seven in USAC and two in the World of Outlaws. “It’s not everyday that we’re able to crossover into other sporting events, so to be able to do that and bring my team and sponsors a little extra exposure was a no-brainer. Plus, we’re going to be back out here in April at Phoenix International Raceway, and hopefully the time we spend here in January brings a few more people out to the race track in April.”(SHR PR)(1-4-2009)

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
yep, that's the article i read. i guess flipping the coin was part of the duties of being grand marshall. still wonder why they picked him for.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Man, I couldn't watch the game. :mad: So I missed all that.

But I'll be able to watch Thursday night. And it's one of the few times I'll ever wish for Florida to win. Which is blasphemy for a Vols fan. :eek:

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana

But I'll be able to watch Thursday night. And it's one of the few times I'll ever wish for Florida to win. Which is blasphemy for a Vols fan. :eek:

My husband and I are rooting for Oklahoma even though we think the gators will run over them. We want LSU to still be the only team to have two BCS national championships. Even though we had to share one with USC :twisted:

BTW Kiffin is lining up a strong coaching staff. Is Ogeron a done deal? He will bring a ton of recruits. He is tight with a lot of the powerhouse high schools down the bayou. I think Tennessee will have a stronger season next year.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion

hopefully you got to hear it on sirius. i'm pullin for oklahoma, in hopes of a 1-2 finish for the big 12.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
My husband and I are rooting for Oklahoma even though we think the gators will run over them. We want LSU to still be the only team to have two BCS national championships. Even though we had to share one with USC :twisted:

BTW Kiffin is lining up a strong coaching staff. Is Ogeron a done deal? He will bring a ton of recruits. He is tight with a lot of the powerhouse high schools down the bayou. I think Tennessee will have a stronger season next year.

The O couldnt get anything going @ Ole Miss.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008

I'm really excited about it all. But I don't expect that much next season.

I usually root for the SEC since I'm from TN. But I live in TX now and have to watch myself around the inlaws. :p

But I was SO HAPPY for Alabama to go down. I dislike Saben almost as much as Steve Spurrier.