Slingbox

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I heard about Slingbox about 4 years ago on SIRIUS Radio in particular the Howard Stern show and Gary mentioned it a lot on the Wrap up Show. It's a product that connects to your Cable or Satellite TV box amongst other things and allows you to connect and control that device elsewhere like on a computer or mobile phone or even send it to another TV.

About 2 years ago my older brother moved to China but wanted to watch Green Bay Packers games. My mom suggested we buy him a Slingbox Christmas. He set it up and was able to watch his cable box here in Chicago via the internet and Slingbox.

Even though I had some exposure with it I didn't get to use it until about 2 months ago. I pay for Howard TV on my brothers cable box so I could go over and catch up with it. I moved to a building that comes with free Direct TV and thus can't get On Demand services. I finally was able to connect up my laptop with a Slingbox hooked to his Cable Box. Now even though I have Satellite TV I can catch shows on Demand like things on HBO and Howard TV. It hit me as soon as I was able to use it that this product has that same excitement as I had experienced with Satellite Radio. And thus we've just added the Slingbox line of products to our website here.

Ultimately our business, TSS offers some electronics but we try to keep it to things we really believe in and I'm thrilled that Slingbox will now be a part of our business.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Although I no longer use mine it used to be connected to a Replay TV and it worked the nuts! Skipping commercials and setting up shows to record from any PC. Pretty good video too especially when all I watched was Cosby Show

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I have the Slingbox HD running on our HP Touchsmart in the kitchen. I also use it on my iphone. works great. Love it and highly recommend it.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I almost got one for travel, but decided against it since I don't travel much anymore and hotel bandwidth is typically pretty crappy. they look like awesome devices though. I wish I had an excuse to buy one :). Glad to see that TSS is branching out. Diversification is always a good thing!

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
+1 for Slingbox.

Nothing better than watching football streamed to your laptop in the parking lot of Giants Stadium.

It also comes in handy when you are traveling if you want to keep up to date with what is going on at home.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I just bought one and it will arrive on Wednesday. I can't wait to use it for traveling but I can see it come in handy for tailgating as well.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I didn't go for the HD. The reason is because I don't have any laptops that have a HD display. Does the iPhone look better with the HD slingbox?

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I didn't go for the HD. The reason is because I don't have any laptops that have a HD display. Does the iPhone look better with the HD slingbox?

I couldn't comment on that since the HD version is the only one that I've ever owned, sorry! Looks crystal clear on the iphone, however.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I love it. I haven't been able to watch too much on 3G but I can now watch TV while on the throne. Also, I used to play H100 or H101 over my computer while doing stuff in the house or taking a shower. Now I play CNN or ESPN. Just for those two things this is great. I haven't traveled yet (and won't for three weeks) so I haven't used it for its intended purpose. Regardless of that experience I am glad I made the purchase. If it meets those expectations then this is the best purchase I've made in the past year or two.

I did watch ESPN while in traffic on Saturday. I was stuck in a parking lot after an AHL playoff game. Usually I would watch The Office but this was much better.

I am going to hook it up to my brother's main cable box. I can't wait to confuse him as to why the channel keeps changing on him.

J3ff

Oct 13, 2008
I use my SlingboxProHd all the time..

Out on the boat (through my sprint phone) with the laptop watching tv after work.

At work, watching the world cup

Even when I'm just out on the porch..