Slacker Update 2.0.2 Available for Blackberry Applications 7/8/2009

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
It appears that Slacker has updated their app for Blackberry users!

Good news for BlackBerry owners, Slacker Radio just came out with an upgrade for your ‘Berry. This version 2.0.2 fixes a good number of bugs that users have complained about and improvements include faster performance / app response and much shorter gaps between songs. The transition gaps were among the most annoying problems that Slacker users faced (great as the app is) but now since the upgrade has come, users can move through that 4 million-track library with almost no interruption. The BlackBerry version is available immediately via direct download (uninstall the current version, reboot and visit Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations from your BlackBerry browser) It is also up and running on BlackBerry App World.

Download and Installation went quickly. The only negative part of the upgrade is that it deleted my cached stations. Oh well, most of my songs ended 30 seconds too soon anyways. :eek:

To me, it sounds like the sound quality has improved drastically. (Their SQ already blows Sirius out of the water, but now it sounds even better!)

This is what I love about Slacker.

These guys will update software at least a few times a year.

:bow:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The Blackberry running the Slacker App is known as a Slackberry! :)

It is good that Slacker monitors their forum as well as others to see what everyone is complaining about and tries to fix or add those features.

I am very happy with the newest version for the iPhone. I hope you guys are to on your BlackBerry's

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I am very happy with this update so far.

It is much quicker and hangs ALOT less than it used to.

The sound is louder and crisper than I remember using the speakerphone.

Now, if SIRIUS|XM would update channel logos on the SL100, I would be in heaven!

:bam:

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
A Sirius|XM app for Slackberry would be the best thing since sliced bread!
:bigclap:

But for now, I am really digging this Slacker App. :cool:

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Ah, that's great. They really should offer an automatic update feature or an update feature from the app itself.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I'm not sure that it would be phone specific. Meaning, I'm sure they could do it for the BB if they wanted to. Then again, I'm not a BB app developer so I don't know.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I wish it was an automatic update. :) The option to update software appeared as a Pop-up on my screen while listening to Slacker.

Unfortunately, there is no option to check for updates in Slacker's main menu on the BB.

But yeah, an automatic update feature would be sweet. In due time, I am sure that will be added as a menu item to the Blackberry App. :egypt: