Slacker update 1.3 available for iPhone/iPod touch (12-9-09)

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
When I checked for updates a while ago, this one popped up.

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION 1.3:
* Station Sharing
* In-App Station Playback from Shared Links
* In-App Purchase of Radio Plus through iTunes
* Edit Ratings on Stations
* Improved Battery Life
* Updated Lyrics/Review/Bio Views
* Various Bug Fixes and Maintenance

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
The freezing when you go into the menu is gone. The Interface is slightly different, but not much. The overall operation is much smoother.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
You now have the ability to make it buffer longer (extra buffering) and it takes a bit longer between songs, but it appears that for those having issues this resolved their buffering issues. I personally never had a buffering issue, but this was a good add on feature. I also like that you can now set for normalization or not of the songs. I think the last update included always on normalization (I think I don't really remember) none the less some don't like normalization as they feel it reduces SQ. I personally much prefer it so that songs are at a constant volume level. Display volume control basically when off the settings controls will be hidden, but you can double click on the album art to have it show up.

The resume playing on startup has been there for awhile, which can be turned on or off, along with the ability to prevent the display from going to sleep thereby allowing you to view song info and album art.

Thus far this release seems pretty stable. We had fireworks tonight and I were jamming to Slacker on the Edge Network and she played great with no issues. Gave my iKicker Boombox speakers a real blowing out tonight! LOL

The issues of freezing up, album, song data and lyrics not showing up all appear to have been addressed. Great to have this application back at 100% as I found myself using Pandora more because of these issues.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
There's a new update out (version 1.3) for the iPhone/iPod touch. Here's the changelog:

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION:
* Station Sharing
* Improved Battery Life
* Updated Lyrics/Review/Bio Views
* Various Bug Fixes and Maintenance

DAB or any other mod, please change the title above to reflect the new version. Thanks :)

If you want, you can also move this text to the top and delete this post.

Last edited:

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Mine won't update for some strange reason. The Slacker app still say's that it is on 1.2. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have a 3Gs. Is everyone else able to update to 1.3?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Just got version 1.3 on the App Store in the updates section. Downloading now.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Mine upgraded with no problem! Nice new features! I am still holding out hope of station caching at some point!

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
This update is what the Slacker app should have been all along. It uses a lot less battery life, I love the in-depth editing of the station in the app itself, and it just looks and feels better. :bigthumbup:

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
1.3 looks and feels exactly like 1.2 to me. They switched the lyrics/artist info tabs around but other than that I can't tell the difference.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
1.3 looks and feels exactly like 1.2 to me. They switched the lyrics/artist info tabs around but other than that I can't tell the difference.

You must not have looked around within the app before, because the following is all new:

* Station Sharing

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
No way its worth the 10$ Steve Jobs blow job fee just to be able to use Slacker's free app's updated version -imo.

Big fat pass, while I relive myself up wind of apple HQ.

Last edited: